1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1991 Honda Si Hb -timing belt pulley bolt?

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by east_bay_ed, Aug 12, 2008.

1. east_bay_ed

east_bay_ed New Member

I'm still new to this , so I don't know ifI'm in the right spot. I just got my head back with a valve job, and it's lookin' good. The only problem now that I'm having is getting the bolt for the time chain pulley off so I can put a seal on the camshaft. Does anybody know how i can get the bolt off?

2. prpprimo

prpprimo Hondaholic

If your talking about the crank shaft pulley you need a large heavy duty breaker bar (or 1000lb impact wrench) and an impact rated 17mm socket. Put the car in gear (if manual) and set the parking brake. lefty loosy. ;)

3. doitpropa

doitpropa New Member

what i had to do was take the inspection cover beat a screwdriver into the flywheel/ back of motor than w/ breaker bar i had to boot fuck it till it came loose.. I had a shop try to use a "top of the line impact gun" and it did nothing i ended up learning this method betting a friend he couldn't get it :)

4. V8eater/GSR

V8eater/GSR New Member

tell that shop lefty loosy and to stop getting their tools from toys R us ha ha j/k

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted