1992 Accord EX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dewey

My tranny recently went out. I was anticipating just replaceing the Tranny, but if I can replace both engine and tranny at a reasonable price then that is what I will do. Anyone have any ideas on where I can find both reasonably priced and I also don't want to get ripped off.

1992 Honda Accord EX w/auot trans and f22A6

Thanks

I am not real sure how to answer that. It would probably have to be cheap.. I have limited finances.

You can't throw up any kind of figure? Like under $500, $1,000, $2,000, etc.?

If you fall into the "under $500" category, then basically the only thing you can afford to do is replace your transmission. For any type of a decent motor swap (H23, H22, etc.) you're going to need to spend around $1,500 - $2,000.

If your motor is still in good shape than there's really no need to replace it right now, especially if this is just your daily driver and not a project car. Check out local forums, Craigslist, eBay, junkyards, etc. for a new transmission. Any pre-1996 F22, H22, or H23 tranny will bolt right up.

More info

I think I may have found one but need info about the company.

Tigeramerican in toronto has one engine and transmission.. Are they reputable? I have never used them and wanted your input

Thanks Inadvance

Back