1992 Civic Cx HB b18b swap!!!!!! WIRING HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lewellgd

92CivicHatchCxBORNINCALI
1992 Civic Cx HB b18b swap!!!!!! WIRING Question!!!

I wanted a b series engine non vtec either b18 or b20 whatever i came across first. I was at a pick in pull yard and found a 1995 integra 4door with 110k miles on it. Obd 1 ls motor b18b i asked the guy ( knows nothing about imports) how much you want for that motor he said $200 hundred dollars. I imediatly went and got my tools and a truck and pulled the motor out.

QUESTION!!! I have a 1992 hatch cx sitting in my garage. I got all the b series motor mounts off the car and stuff like that all i need to know is what do i need to do to the harness if anything. Plz am going to do the work any day and need to know that is my only problem i got everything else but before i crank it i want wiring right so plz let me know????.Also what tranny should i get?????? ls or gsr???^_^ :cool: :eek:

Last edited:
Im doing the same swap in my 94' DX. All the wiriring on the engine will plug directly into the harness on your car. For tranny, I would go with the GSR tranny.. its a little beefier. Just make sure you get all the motor mounts of that integra and the ECU. Most people have said that it bolts right in, but jsut make sure you save your stock civic motor mounts... you might have you use one of them on the passenger side upper tranny mount.

why didn't you get the tranny with the engine when you bought it?

I wanted a b series engine non vtec either b18 or b20 whatever i came across first. I was at a pick in pull yard and found a 1995 integra 4door with 110k miles on it. Obd 1 ls motor b18b i asked the guy ( knows nothing about imports) how much you want for that motor he said $200 hundred dollars. I imediatly went and got my tools and a truck and pulled the motor out.

QUESTION!!! I have a 1992 hatch cx sitting in my garage. I got all the b series motor mounts off the car and stuff like that all i need to know is what do i need to do to the harness if anything. Plz am going to do the work any day and need to know that is my only problem i got everything else but before i crank it i want wiring right so plz let me know????.Also what tranny should i get?????? ls or gsr???^_^ :cool: :eek:

$200 bucks...shut let me go and check the yunkyard that is about 10 miles away...will be back!!!:D

Back