1992 Honda Prelude F22 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JPs92Prelude

I'm new to this site and have liked what I have seen. My question is, I have a 92 Honda Prelude with a F22 motor in it. I would like to know if a 1991 f22 will fit, and if it will hook up to my ECU. It is also coming out of a automatic and going to be bolted to my 5 speed. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated. New to the tuners....

yes it will bolt right up just fine, if your talking about a f22 from a accord that is

It is out of a 1991 Honda Accord. The thing I'm worried about though is, will by ECU work as well? I can't see much or anything for that matter changing between the 91 and 92 f22 motors. My other problem...How do I tell what exact motor is in my car? I don't know where the mark would be on the block. I know its not a H series. I'm sure I sound dumb, I'm just trying to cover my butt. And one last thing for this post. I have been reading to directions on this car, 1 swap for a H22 or 23 AND others saying leave the F22 in there if you want to turbo. Any suggestions?

if your going turbo i would just keep the f22, and as far as the 91 f22 ecu plugging to your car, the accord is a bit of a odd ball those years coming both obd0 and obd1, so its hard to say but your prelude ecu will work the accord motor just fine. and if your sure its not a H then the only other thing it could be is a F

the f22b1 is a 94-97 ex motor. the f22b2 is the same but lx/dx motor. the f22a1, a4 and a6 are 90-93 accord motors

Im an idiot

Ok, I seem to have a problem. The motor in my car is not an "F" series. It is in fact the "H23A1"..... Now my question is, will I be able to use the F series block and use my DOHC head? I have heard it is possible, but want to be sure before I buy this motor off this guy. Thanks!

OR, would I be able to slap in the F22 motor in my car and have everything wires correctly? First prelude project and I'm lost. I want the F series motor for boosting. (heard it handles better) but I don't know what is involved moving from a H to an F....If it will bolt up and wire fine, I'm going to buy it.

Ok, let me clear things up so that when someone answers, I get the right answer the first time. I have a 1992 Prelude with the H23A1 motor. Now dummy me ran it out of oil and was running it hard. It threw a rod and punctured the block. I found a F22 from an accord on craigslist. Now from what I'm seeing, it is possible to use the F22 block and H23 head. Will the motor from the ACCORD bolt and wire up to my PRELUDE and will the head mod work with out extensive modification???? From what I have seen, I can use the F23 head gasket on the F22 and put the H23 head with manifold (everything...) on the F22 block. PLEASE HELP ME! I NEED TO GET THIS CAR RUNNING!

Back