1992 prelude engine been swapped need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SRC

so im here for some help i have been out of the import scene for a while , almost 3 years and trying to get back in to it , so i bought a 1992 honda prelude from this guy that did an engine swap on it with a 1997 honda accord ex engine , its a f22b1 engine single over head cam vtec.
now the car runs but runs like $**T ,
the f22b1 is running on the old engine harness and the old ecu computer , . i have found the right harness for the engine and the ecu that would match the f22b1 but i just remmbered that the car is obd1 and the engine is obd2 . would i still face problems when i change the parts or is there a way i can fix the problem in an other way . any help any one

You can rewire everything yourself or but a OBD1 to OBD2 adapter harness that'll allow you to run the correct ECU.

k the rewiring , to be honest i wont know how to do that , but the converter sounds good , bro do u have aim coz i need to ask u couple more stuff , or let me c ill ask here , what bout the guages and everything in the car its all obd1 do i need a converter for that tooo , coz the way im thinking about it im gonna need to get the engine harness which is obd2 and the ecu which it the same .
but the plug on the firelwall is obd1 so i need a converter to connect the obd2 harness to the firewall and then and other converter from the other side to connect the computer right ? what bout the plugs in the cluster like the guages , ?

Only thing that needs to be converted is the plugs for the ECU. The OBD1 to OBD2 adapter harness pretty much just goes between the original ECU plugs and the OBD2 ECU.

Gauges will work fine; the wires for them are integrated into the main harness and engine harness. You do not need an engine harness if everything is already wired up fine and is working. What matters is the engine plugs into the main harness(in this case OBD1 would work fine), and you can hook up the correct ECU(which is OBD2, and where you would use the adapter harness to connect to your stock OBD1 harness).

AIM icon is in profile(same as my HS username).

Last edited:
Back