1992 Si Rear Sway bar missing???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've had my hatch with a Integra sway on for almost 3 years with no subframe brace. The 4-Door 92-95 EX came with one stock (I believe its 13mm). I measured mine (with a wrench lol) and its around 14mm. ITR is over 20mm. But I haven't auto crossed it. Just spirited driving.

I've seen pics of EG's with subframe rip outs and its nothing nice. They were 23mm or bigger sway bars. I have not run across any problems nor have a heard of rip outs with the smaller OEM sways. Although I cannot contest to a hard day racing at a track. If I did.....ASR for sure. I wouldn't want to risk it.

This is pretty much correct. Of course there's always a chance that the sub frame can rip out, but the chances are very slim running the smaller OEM bars. The problem is the thicker bars don't give, so something has to, and that something is the sub frame. I ran a VTi sway on my 92, and 95 hatches for quite a while with no problems.

I know what you were talking about and what I'm talking about. ^^/. I didn't say anything about a rear sub frame brace. The edition of both is a good idea (if you model/sway set up can fit both) because there is a decent amount of flex there.
I think you're confusing 2 beaks products. They make a lower tie bar which has nothing to do with subframe tear
images

, and they also make a subframe kit which actually works.

images

I used that beaks kit on an ITR rear bar on my road race car for years without fail. I did upgrade to an ASR subframe brace because I do plan on upgrading to their larger bar. For an ITR bar the beaks is adequate.

I'm terrible at coming across the way I intend to. I know it has nothing to do with tear outs. I just said there is flex there so the edition of that bar is useful, I had always thought they were just for show. I have one on my B16 ED6 DX with no rear sway.

I think the tie bar is useless and just for show

Back