1993 Accord Cluster Swap - help needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GoJackets

I have a '93 LX Auto that may (or may not) have the original cluster. I am looking for a resource that has the correct cluster for this car and acceptable replacements.

The installed cluster was part #78100-A500 and has SM4 and A04 stamped on the label. This cluster is not a DENSO

Potential replacements that I have:
A Denso produced cluster which appears to have the same configuration, part number 78100-SM4 and the next line has A571-M2

A cluster with part 78100-A500 and stamped SM4 and D04 but has the yellow "55" on the speedo, no SRS light but with a "S" indicator light below the temp gauge.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Eh, I used one from a 4 dr 1994 EX Auto in my 2 Door 1996 EX Auto. THe important thing is that it's auto and the same generation. If you don't have ABS or SRS then shoot for one without that stuff, although if you get one with the light, it simple will not ever come on. My 2 door doesn't indicate the back 2 doors are open because it came from a 4 door, the lights just never can come on, there's nothing to trigger them coming on.

I can only speak for my personal experience, but I think you will be fine using any cluster from that generation assuming the harness connectors are the same.

Back