1993 Cx Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

teamkawy55

Hey I was just wondering a few things...I have a 1993 CX hatch, putting a 1996 EX engine in...alls I need is a p28 obd1 ECU right? Which distributor can I use? Any other things I need to know? thanks

you need an obd 2 ecu unless you are going to jump it to obd 1 or you will have a wiring headache. Post in the right area next time.

In a way form this is the right area...if I put the obd2 ecu that means I have to run a whole new wiring harness instead of just using the obd1 p28 ecu and adding vtec wires?

if he uses an OBD-2 ECU he will need a conversion harness for it to plug into the car.....

use an OBD-1 P28

you will have to add a few wires for VTEC

if you can get the harness with the D16Y8 you will not have to replug anything

run it off the p28
you don't need to change any of the electronics... dizzzy, alt, injectors... but you will have to swap the plugs from the cx or z6 harness to make it work. simply cut, paste, solder, tape.

then, you need to buy and run the 4 wire o2, as your CX is a 1 wire and will not work.

if you can score a z6 harness for cheap, likek 20-40 bucks, i say pick it up. it might be hard to come by though. otherwise, its not that hard.... just gotta do some soldering.

I got the swap complete, and I am VERY impressed with it, I only added plug wires, some timing adjustments, fuel rail, injector mods, cold air intake, full exhuast with SI header

are there any other mods I can do, like little things that I can peice together for like the fuel system, timing, etc..???
Thanks

You guys are a great help by the way

Back