1993 Eg Cx (help)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Buying a 1993 EG hatch CX (canadian) was just wondering what kind of stock engine they come with in there so im not buying a car with a motor swap.

lol... if your looking for a gas saver the cx model is the bottom of the bottom line for the civic hatchback. its the lightest of all the hatchbacks and the one with the weakest motor (but saves gas money). i have one myself but i did a gsr swap. i would not recommend you drive over any high bridges or drive high into the mountains because i could barely cross the bridge with that motor without it puffing smoke. lol.. good luck with it.

hehehe that was funny i can relate to that i have the same engine and cant do any where fast but i want a ls engine for now good luck

lol... if your looking for a gas saver the cx model is the bottom of the bottom line for the civic hatchback. its the lightest of all the hatchbacks and the one with the weakest motor (but saves gas money). i have one myself but i did a gsr swap. i would not recommend you drive over any high bridges or drive high into the mountains because i could barely cross the bridge with that motor without it puffing smoke. lol.. good luck with it.

not the lightest.. same as the VX.. 2094 lbs..

I drove a stock CX for a while. Well, it was kinda sick, wouldnt rev over 5500rpms. But, if I babied it, I could get 45-50mpg. 55mpg once.

But that thing was Irritatingly slow. Grannies would be tail gating me in their walkers, flipping me off..

Back