1993 Honda Accord parts questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

howden122

Hi.
I'm new to this whole thread thing so im not really sure what i'm doing but i hope someone can answer my questions.

I recently got my first car ( 93 honda accord) the car is in great condition except for the fact that lately it has been playing up a little.

As i'm driving ( especially in lower gears) the car tends to bunny hop and struggle. It feels as though it is not getting enough fuel. When it first started i thought it must be the fuel filter or dirty injectors so i put some injector cleaner through and things seemed to be fine for a few days until it started again. I am not going to replace the fuel filter. As i am new to the whole car thing only being 17 i need to know how to get the fuel filter off and what to replace.

Another problem i noticed when looking at the engine is a hose coming from the fuel injection to the engine it's self is broken. I am not sure what the hose is and im hoping someone can tell me so it can be replaced. I know that it is sucking air from the engine but not sure what for or what it's name is. I was going to upload a picture but i'm not sure how to do that. If someone could tell me what this hose does that would be great. If you need the picture could someone please tell me how to upload it.

Thank you

The fuel filter is in the engine bay on the firewall. IIRC, you need a 17 or 15mm socket wrench, and a 12mm tube wrench. It's clamped in place by a 10mm bolt. It's not hard at all but make sure you have a rag ready as fuel will spill out(also take the gas cap off to relieve some pressure).

I can't tell what hose it is by the description; but you can upload it to a site like photobucket and just paste the link on hear. Though, the vacuum hoses can simply be replaced with "universal" hoses sold at auto-parts stores that are cut to the correct length.

Thank you so much. Will replace fuel filter and hope that fixes the problem.

I have done a lot of research and found that the hose i was talking about is the pcv valve. Im still unsure what it does but will replace that too.

Once again thank you.

Back