1993 Prelude Headers/Exhaust Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhillyPrelude

I have a 1993 Prelude, and im looking to put intake, headers, cat-back exhaust on it. I have decided on the AEM V2 intake, but cannot decide on a brand of headers/exhaust. I spoke to someone who said that OBX is a good brand thats not outrageously expensive. Any opinions? If you think its shitty, pls let me know why and what is the better alternative. Im just looking for quality parts at a fair price, and I dont want to spend $600 on parts that arent going to last and/or perform.

Help! I want to buy these parts and get the car in the shop.

Last edited:
I have a 1993 Prelude, and im looking to put intake, headers, cat-back exhaust on it. I have decided on the AEM V2 intake, but cannot decide on a brand of headers/exhaust. I spoke to someone who said that OBX is a good brand thats not outrageously expensive. Any opinions? If you think its shitty, pls let me know why and what is the better alternative. Im just looking for quality parts at a fair price, and I dont want to spend $600 on parts that arent going to last and/or perform.

Help! I want to buy these parts and get the car in the shop.

They sell spoon sport know offs on ebay I've had one on my car for a year know and its still doing great. There around 100 dollars shipped. Get a test pipe to replace your cat and if your looking for a good sounding cheap cat-back tsudo makes one and you can get it of ebay for around 300-400 otherwise your looking to spend around 500 on the header and downpipe and another 700 on the cat back. In the book building honda horsepower they gained the most just by cutting of the cat.

rs*r ExMag is a quiet cat back for our generation prelude, and really almost all header choices are based off the stock design. if you dont want to have a stock header, dc is always good, megan racing makes a decent product, obx is kinda cheap in quality in my opinion.

If you want a loud catback almost everything tanabe makes is pretty loud, so is the Apexi N1.

All of the catbacks i listed are between 450 and 600. The dc header is like 229 and the megan header is 130.

Back