1994 Accord Ex Coupe, I need Swap Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swapmike

Hey guys,
I have a1994 Accord Ex coupe and i just blew my engine after almost 200,000 good miles! I'm a novice with cars so i need some help. I have DC sport headers, exhaust, and intake among other things. I would like to keep these items when i get my new engine. What would be my best option for an engine swap? Is it okay to buy a rebuilt?? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

If your motor is trash, I would say go H22. However, if you want to keep all the parts, you might want to stick with the accord motor. You might have to do some cutting or hacking on the exhaust. You do have a coupe though, it might be a different story than my 4dr. There is a big difference in the down pipe/flex on the H22 than the F22. I am not sure about the headers. If I had to make a guess, I'd say they wouldn't fit either, but I could be wrong.

Keep this in mind though, with all those parts you have on an F22, an H22 will still have more HP stock. It's your call though.^_^

h22 would be a good choice. i did this swap a few years back. that header will not fit and is a piece of crap anyway. accorlude22 is right the exhaust will not bolt up. you will have to take it to an exhaust shop to fab up the exhaust with a catalytic converter (if you choose to use one) or just a test pipe.if the intake is smaller than 3 inches i would reccomend getting a new one.

as for buying a rebuilt motor; i wouldnt to it. having yours rebuilt is a different story. if you just want to have yours rebuilt then do it but make sure to only use honda parts. dont buy some cheap ass kit. you will regret that decision.

Thanks guys! H22 is the way to go huh? Where can i find one new at a decent price? Is it a fairly common engine? What parts if any can be saved from car now and used with the h22?? Thanks again!!

naa lol just ive bought alot of motors over the years and hmotors are the best they will be there for all your needs and will even cut you super deals, and they back up 100% of everything

That site is great, as soon as i find a good shop here in jersey im gonna go for the h22 swap. do you think anyparts off the old engine may be good and might have some value??

Mike

yes any h or f series will fit besides the f20c thats a s2000 motor, but yea the h22a typ s is the best 220hp 163 tork

yes it will fit but in my experience it is much easier to stay with the same year as the car or same obd.

and h motors didnt treat me with the best customer service. it took steve 5 months to get my engine to me, then he sent me the biggest pos he had, and forgot to send me the powersteering line. it took him 2 months to get the powersteering to me. however he does have good prices.

yea it will fit and drop right in but sence that motor is obd2 and yours is obd1 the wireing will get a little tricky, but if you dont wont to mess with the wires of obd2 get a obd1 h22a

hey guys, great info!

will the starter, alternator, injectors, -among other things- can they be used from my old engine and put on the new one? what would a fair price be on the install?

thanks- Mike

not your f22 injectors will not be sufficient. just use the injectors that come with your swap...along with the alternator, ps, etc

cool, so i can resell the other engine parts from the old engine in that case.
anything else i should know??

Thanks everyone!

Back