1994 Civic LX won't start - please help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gmcrammit

I have a 94 Civic LX D15B7, with 159k 5-spd that won't start. When I turn the key on, I have lights, radio, dash lights up, etc. but when I turn the key to start it, nothing happens - no cranking noise, no noise whatsoever. The radio and a/c cuts out which it has always done when it started. I can get it to run by popping the clutch and when I turn the key to start while it is running, still no noise. I have tried a new battery and no change. I pulled the starter off, took it to an auto parts store to test and it Passed. I have checked the fuses, I am depressing the clutch when I attempt to start it. I hear the fuel pump when I turn the key on.

I bought it used a year ago and have not had any issues with starting it. I travel quite frequently and leave my car at the airport and starts the first time after being left for a week. It started fine this past Monday morning to go to work. Went out to lunch, stopped by my parents house, went to the store, went to my in-laws and hasn't started since....hmm...I may be onto something here......

Any help would be greatly appreciated - driving me crazy on what it could be :mad:

Back