1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1994 Del Sol Si D16Z6 ECU Question

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by HAiRYANiMAL, Nov 17, 2006.

1. HAiRYANiMAL

HAiRYANiMAL New Member

Hello,

I recently had my 1994 Del Sol Si D16Z6 stolen and recovered. I just got it back today and it is parked in my garage (how sad…). One of the things missing is my ECU. I am looking to replace it to get the car running again, but I am not super knowledgeable about the ECU world. From the basic research I've done, it looks like I need a P28 ECU for a manual transmission? Is that correct? I have looked on eBay and other places, what is the appropriate price I should be paying for a used P28 ECU?

I also briefly found a P28 converted to a P06? What does this mean? What is the appropriate price I should pay? Since I have to fork over some cash to buy one, should I get converted/modded/souped up ECU? What will this gain, break, help? Should I trust someone on eBay selling a modded/converted ECU?

Much Appreciated!

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

yea you need a p28 ther anywere from 75-150 bucks there are sevral people on this site that has them forsale

3. HAiRYANiMAL

HAiRYANiMAL New Member

Thanks for the quick answer. Still interested in what the difference between the p28 and p06?

Thanks again!

4. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

a p06 is a non vtec ecu a p28 is a vtec ecu

5. HAiRYANiMAL

HAiRYANiMAL New Member

Cool, thanks! When I find the P28 ECU's everyone has a picture of the numbers on the side, what should I be looking for there?

6. Scorchin Civic

Scorchin Civic Senior Member

Also the P06 was for the D15B7 motor. As for what you need to look for, something with the last three digits with a A01, A11, A02 and what not. If it's a A51,A52 or what not then it's for an automatic.

7. HAiRYANiMAL

HAiRYANiMAL New Member

Thanks for the answer! much appreciated!

8. GSRCIVICTN

GSRCIVICTN Lost in a sea of rednecks

I hope someone was selling a P06 converted to a P28 and not the other way around like you said. That would be retarded.

9. Scorchin Civic

Scorchin Civic Senior Member

No problem man

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted