1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1994 eg8 civic no spark

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by muffin boy, Mar 31, 2008.

1. muffin boy

muffin boy New Member

Hi Guys,
    i did an oil change on my civic last night, i flushed it with a mixture of oil and diesel. i started the engine and it ran for 10 seconds then stopped. i have since removed all of excess flush changed the filters and refilled the oil. Now i have no spark since it stopped during the flush. I have oil pressure, and i have compression but no spark, i took the dizzy cap off and checked the rotor is still spinning which it is, all the fuses and relays seem to be fine, fuel pump fires up, i hear the main relay click when i turn the key, any ideas?

2. Mugen Accord

Mugen Accord West West Y'all

Double Check Tha Spark Plugs and Wires.

3. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

4. muffin boy

muffin boy New Member

How do i check to see if i have power to the dizzy?

5. OKCZombie

OKCZombie Banned

I personally have never tested a dizzy itself - I always check to see if it is putting spark through wires - get a long screw driver put it in one of the wires and put the screw driver near something metal such as the frame and have somebody try to start it - start w/ number 1 cylinder and move through -

you could also open the dizzy and check to be sure all of the contacts are good - no corrosion or anything

6. matt9112

matt9112 New Member

i had a bad cap on mine and shop changed it and new wires ect for 70 bucks.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted