1995 accord w/ h22 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jotis101

hey guys
just had a quick question, im trying to find a cheap realiable car to commute about 75 km a day, pretty much from home to school
a buddy of mine is selling a 95 accord, with h22 swap
the car has about 205k km on it and the engine has around 150k,

the only problems with the car are there is some rust above the rear wheels, how much would this cost to get rid of,
also the rear left side door won't open, he says it just needs a door actuator? or whatever makes the locks go up and down, rough estimate on this for repair?

anyways just need some input if its worth buying
hes giving it to me for pretty cheap in between 2-3k
let me know if its worth it
i need the car for 3-4 years

thanks
Joti

thats a hard question to answer... if the swap was done in a professional manner and the engine is healthy, it should be a good reliable car. as far as fixing the door lock, thats not a big deal. id say if the car is mechanically sound and in overall decent condition it would easily be worth the 2-3k you said can get it for.

the swap was professionally done
it was done back in 2006
he drivers it daily, v-tech and everything works finee and engine looks like its its overall good condition

oh, he said something about an a/c bracket? to re connect the a/c again, is that a big deal?

Back