1995 Civic DX, I need some assistance

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I own a 95 Civic DX /w manual tranny. At this moment it is completely stock, with the exception of some audio upgrades. I am looking to do an engine swap in the near future, mainly for the purpose of getting extra power out of the light weight frame, but also because I am having a problem with one of my spark plugs. Currently, my #1 spark plug will not turn out, and I believe it to have been crossed-threaded by the previous owner. If there are any suggestions on how I might cheaply get the spark plug out please tell me! I considered using a bolt braking/lubricating oil, but I don't know if that would solve it. If I end up having to get into head work to fix the spark plug threads, I plan on just getting a new engine. I have been looking at various websites for info on swaps, and I think I want to go with the b16a2. If I do go with this engine would it be possible to get everything for the swap for anywhere in between $1,000 to $1,700? If not, what engine would you guys recommend and where to get it?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
take the head off. work with the plug until it comes out and then just use a tap and die set from autozone to clean up the threads. simple

Thanks to both of you. I shall give that a shot. I'm also thinking about buying a turbo for the a2 when I get it... any thoughts on that... good/bad idea?

Back