1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1995 honda accord lx help needed engine!!

Discussion in 'Accord' started by Ygft17, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Ygft17

Ygft17 New Member

I recently was giving a 95 Accord that belonged to my aunt about a week ago. Because I wasn't told that the car needed a signifcant amount of oil the engine either locked or seized or what happended to my engine. I'm not sure how to find out if the car needs a new engine or not. I was told by a gas station mechanic that a new engine would be needed for my car that would cost $12,000 I'm guessing. I want to make sure that the engine is actually dead before I spend money on a new rebuilt or salvaged engine. Can anyone tell me what I signs I should look for If my engine is actually dead or where I can find a 2.2l 4 cylinder 16 valve engine at a reasonable price

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

lmao they guy that told you 12,000 is about 11,000 off lol, does the motor turn over ? if it dont its time for a new motor or rebuild but you can swap it for a stock motor or h22a for 1500 bucks give or take

3. ygft18

ygft18 New Member

This my other account so you said something about a stock motor what exactly is that and what is the difference between this motor and my 4 cylinder...like what would you recommend I do I don't want to sell this car because it's a good car in good shape u know. I'm just trying to figure out what are the key things I need to look for. I was told a locked engine won't work a guy from roadside assistance said it sounded like a bad altenator and a guy I worked with also said it sounds like my car might have a bad altenator..idk

4. AHHVTEC

does the motor turn over ?. second question what is your goal and budget ?

5. ygft18

ygft18 New Member

well this all happened last thursday the first day the motor turned over now it doesn't the lights come on inside the car it use to make a clicking noise now it doesn't...My goal is to get my car up and running to get a decent engine for this vehicle my budget is that i don't really want to put more than 1200 into getting this engine the car has 20k miles on it & seeing this is my first car I could get another car for abt 1500 u kno but I don't want to give this car up its a reliable car my aunt has had it since 95..lol u kno

6. AHHVTEC

7. ygft18

ygft18 New Member

lolz i meant to say 200k my bad man...lol but yea hopefully it is the battery idk like i said this is my first car she kept it in good condition..Thanks alot for the help though

8. Ethan

Ethan Well-Known Member

Good luck. But yea ill do it for 5000 lol

9. ygft18

ygft18 New Member

well the thing abt it man I live in Baltimore. I already have a mechanic that works in the actual Honda Service Center he gives a deal for the most part when he does work on my car I'm just looking for the exact engine or a website or something where I can get the motor u kno if needed ....I'm going to take AHHVTEC's advice and try the battery first.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted