1995 honda accord lx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so i am working on this 1995 Honda accord lx wagon and its having issues with speedo(doesn't work) and srs light is on, if anyone could point in the right direction as to figuring out what could be causing these 2 issues id be grateful

The SRS system may need to be inspected by the dealer. It's supposed to be inspected after a certain date, and I believe that light will stay on until they reset it. I never cared about it enough on my Accord to take it in.

As for the speedo, could be a bad VSS...

check the code for SRS it can be done same way you check your check engine light by jumping blue 2 pin connector next to glove box and than turn ignition on and count the flushes (long-10th short-once ) and as many i did see its usually drivers seat belt buckle switch and on some accords its life time warranty on it(or all SRS system dont remember) just check with dealer. and it resets manually to but its pain in the a$$ but can be done without special tools (if you will need to know how let me know i will wright it for you) and on speedo its a gamble 70%VSS 29% cluster 1% harness, just start from chipper part which is VSS

Back