1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1995 Honda Civic LX - likely blown head gasket

Discussion in 'Vehicles: For Sale/Trade/Wanted' started by EastCincy, Mar 2, 2006.

1. EastCincy

EastCincy Junior Member

Just found out my 95 Honda Civic has severe engine problems. Can't find a replacement engine in local salvage. Planning on selling the vehicle.

Have one local interested buyer that I haven't called yet. Have a couple of salvage yards coming to look at it tomorrow. Found this site searching the 'net.

As mentioned above, the car is a '95 Honda Civic - dark gray (looks black to me, but the car said gray when I bought it new).

I'm located in the east side of Cincinnati, Ohio.

I'm not sure what interest there will be, if any, but found this forum and thought I might as well give it a shot. Probably going to decide what to do in the next day or two. Here's a few pieces of info that is accurate to the best of my recollection (car is at local mechanic's shop):
    • 4 door
    • Approx. 130,000 miles
    • 5 speed manual transmission
    • Very little surface rust, no holes that I'm aware of
    • Never been in any sort of wreck
    • Some minor hail indentations on the top of the car
    • Interior is fine for an 11 year old car. No holes in seats, no cracks in dash, "ceiling" intact etc. Just normal wear.
    • Dual air bags
    • Anti-lock brakes
    • AC
    • cruise, tilt, power windows/locks, etc. Driver side rear window motor has burned out awhile ago but otherwise everything functions well.
    • AM/FM stereo w/ cassette - antenna issues, but I think the stereo is fine.
    • Front windshield has 1 nick, about eye-level of driver - been there for years and has not cracked
    • Front hood is misaligned a bit (never been wrecked! - probably maintenance shut the hood with something in the way one time - wish I had noticed it right after the maintenance!)
    • Trunk has allowed some water (bad seal?) - the hardboard cover over the spare has warped but to my knowledge there is no damage to the body - haven't checked it recently)
    • Garage kept - always in the winter and the majority of the time year 'round.
    I apologize if the info above is inappropriate. If there is interest or questions, pleast post a response or email me at EastCincyDad@hotmail.com

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

5spd or auto?

3. EastCincy

EastCincy Junior Member

5 spd.

4-door by the way...

4. EastCincy

EastCincy Junior Member

Edited top post to include mileage, transmission, sedan

5. tylonalsnifnfool

tylonalsnifnfool Senior Member

6. EastCincy

EastCincy Junior Member

Have not decided yet. I am new to this so feel free to make me an offer.

7. dmndd26

dmndd26 Member

8. EastCincy

EastCincy Junior Member

My apologies to all. Likely not selling. Limped home from the mechanics, smoking the entire way. Washed it up (neighbor thought I already bought a new car when he first saw it) and not ready to let it go. Planning to buy another vehicle and then looking for a replacement engine...

9. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Well then, welcome to Hondaswap :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted