1995 integra rs speedo problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stormy96

Hi
i have a 1995 integra rs with a 94 h22a motor out of a honda prelude in it. i am having problems with my speedometer. it seems to work fine when i am in reverse but almost not at all when im going foward. if im doing say about 80mph it goes up to about 20 mph but no higher. i hav tried a new cluster and a new vss but have had no luck, the vss has proper voltage, ground ect. i also know the ecu is not getting a speed signal because vtec will not work unless the speedo jumps above 20 mph. i am not sure what to do here. also if i turn left the needle will jump up a little but as soon as i straighten out it drops to 0.

anyone have any ideas? i miss beating 5.0 stangs with this car. its just not the same with no vtec. if no one has any ideas on how to get the speedo fixed anyone know how to fool the ecu into thinking you are going 20mph so i can just gt vtec to work? i know how fast i am going by the geers and rpm. 3rd gear 2k rpm is 30 pmh, 5th gear at 2200 rpm is 55 ect. i just want vtec back.
any hepl would be great. thanks!

Back