1995lx motor swap. Words of Wisdom welcome

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1995lx

In October I plan to do a swap on my civic(first one). It is a 1995 civic lx 5spd. I have been doing allot of research on the swap, but I am looking for any words of advice. I am going to throw the B16A2 w/hydro trany. I would like to know the best place to get the motor. Well thanks for the help in advanced.
There is probably a topic in here some where but I have not seen it.

Come on guys give me a break. I am about to do my first swap and i need some info. :D
oh and thanks typeRcivic

Words of Wisdom - Do the swap and then tell us about it. This site is littered with about 10 places you can find a B16 motor. It's a fairly straight-forward swap. Good luck man.

I got mine from Japan Direct
it came in great shape with uncut harness as well as all of the front suspension and the wiring harness that goes from the ecu to the engine bay

I think they are as good a company as any for getting motors because they send employees over to japan to hand pick and pull the motors so they are doing it right

I would suggest doing a full tune up on the engine before you put it in though. it will just give you the piece of mind knowing that all that stuff is new and working well (timing belt, water pump, cap and rotor, plugs, wires, etc)

good luck

Back