1996 accord f20b all help needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jpeacock86

need help did f20b swap in 1996 accord using 1996 accord f22b2 harness 1994 prelude h22 dizzy....car feels like its outta time.when running a timing light in the timing hole i cant see anytime marks at all. Could it be out of time or is it something a little more simple? car has a nasty idle and backfire and when i go to give it throttle it bogs out imediatly...its getting aggrivating and its my wifes car so if i dont get it running ill never hear the end of it... im currently running a stock 1996 f22b2 ecu nothing else has been changed besides the dizzy all stck accord f20b just wont idle right or rev up...please help asap!!!!!!11

It sounds like you either have a major vacuum leak or low fuel pressure. I'm not the greatest source for this but are you sure that the h22 dizzy is a correct replacement in the f20? Second, the f20 has pretty high compression compared to the f22, so the stock tune might not be getting the cylinders enough fuel. Start with the vacuum leak search then check fuel pressure.

Ok thanks for the advice because I don't know Jack about the engine. I checked the vacuums all good so far but about the fuel pressure where should I check pressure at? I ran the cel codes and came up with three problem iacv, map, and air temp sensor. Some I'm thinking the air temp sensor isn't gonna make it run like crap but the iacv and map sensor are the real issue. I ordered a new iacv for the h22 because I already changed the IM over to the h22 one so should be good there. But the tb I used was off the f22 (stupid I know) but limited resources had to use it but anyways the map sensor is located on the tb correct?if so it worked fine on the f22 and since I'm using the f22 ecu It should still read correct? So tomorrow I will get A new map sensor see if that help. I'm still lost I'm just gonna fix all the small problems and sees if it runs better but all suggestion are greatly appreciated. I can't find any good info on this motor even though every one say "it's just like an h22" not true. Similar but not the same so throw me some ideas please thanks guys

p.s. I need an f20b auto ecu. Anyone got one?

I know that a bad map will make other cars run like piss/not run at all. I would get that working first. Typically with a iacv, you will get surging idling, so i would think that would be less of an issue. The air temp sensor could also be causing the problem too.

I believe the map is actually located on the intake. I would get the codes sorted out for the map and the air temp and then see what that gets you.

the only codes im pulling from the ecu is the map sensor, iacv, and the iat sensor but the cheapest ive found either sensor is out of my price range... so does anyone have any h22 sensors or parts for sell? i tried to check the timing with a timing light but i didnt see any marks at all but when i turned it by hand i saw the marks. any suggestions? could i remark them with paint because they are faded as hell and are barely readable. so i guess i will try to find an iacv and map around here locally..one more thing im lacking is an ecu what ecu should i run? jdm f20b dohc vtec with jdm h22 intake and f22b2 throttle body should i change the throttle body or just run it as is because the map sensor is connected to the tb and dont know what other tb i should us to keep cruise (its for the wife) :confused:

I had a problem with not revving once with my f22. Turned out to be bad spark plugs.
Check those see if they are fouled out.
As far as idling crazy and backfiring, that could be timing or map. Timing normally makes the motor backfire. the IACV would make it idle up and down constantly if it was bad. MAP sensor could also make it idle really rough and sometimes not run at all. So id check timing, plugs, and the MAP.

replaced the map sensor iacv and all four plugs and plug wires. cars still wont run right it sputters when accelerating then clears up half way through rpm range then sputters again in upper rpms. i have already replaced the dizzy, map, iacv, tps, plugs, wires, i can think of anything else that could be wrong

ok so we got the car running after paying a honda shop $200 not bad. well he redid some wiring atleast thats what was stated by the mechanic, but the issue im having is when the motor was shipped in as normal the tps was broken so upon install i replaced the tps and sent her to the shop for wiring, got it back and guess what? the tps is broken again but just enough to adjust it further then its supposed to be i guess? so i replaced it again and the car started running like shit again so back to the shop it goes he called today to say he fixed it that it was my fault because i messed with what he already fixed so we drove it home i pop the hood and guess what?its the f*cking same broke ass tps again!
so why is he swapping this out over and over again i have no clue but a new sensor sounds and looks better then a broke one correct? i was taught if its broke fix it or am i wrong?

Back