1996 Accord Swap + Other Q's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96tightaccord

Hi, I'm brand new to the forums. I have a bent valve in my f22a1 vtec accord. I have some performance parts on my f22a1 like GReddy Headers, AEM CAI, Full exhaust, AEM Pulleys, Fuel Rail and I was wondering if any of these parts would fit onto the H22A? Also I'm curious if my accord stock tranny would hold up okay in the h22a and would it hinder the power? I'm sure this subject has been covered but right now I'm on dial up and looking for stuff is like sawing your hands off with a butter knife. Any response would be nice. Thank you

Justin from michigan

The intake and exhaust will fit, not too sure about the other stuff. Maybe somebody else can tell you for sure on that. The Accord tranny will work, but it definitely won't be ideal for the H22. If you've got the bucks I'd look into getting the Prelude tranny as well, maybe just buy a whole swap package.

By the way, where are you in Michigan? I'm in Metro Detroit.

The intake and exhaust should work, the pulleys should work but you will have to install them and measure to get the right belts to drive them. As for the fuel rail it should work as well but depending on which h22 you might have to make some extra fuel line(some h22's come in the the pass side some on the driver side). Your accord tranny will work but you would want to change the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate. The accord tranny has longer gears so you would have slower accel than with the prelude tranny but higher top end. Make sure you do your research and try to find an obd2 motor(this will make things 1million time easier). any other question just ask or message me.

Also you might want to look into a timing belt change, this is the main problem i had with my h22a accord.

Back