1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1996 Civic Rear disk Conversion

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by Grifter, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Grifter

Grifter Member

I’m doing a rear disk conversion on my 1996 Civic CX hatch.

I have the rear trailing arms and disks + ebrake cables. I got a 4040 proportioning valve, master cylinder and brake booster

Now the proportion valve looks very different, kind of looks like a clamshell with all the outputs on the top where the other valve has 2 outputs on top and 2 outputs on the bottom.

What vehicles can I get the proportioning valve, Master cylinder, and brake booster off of. All the articles I find are for 1995 and older and it seems they have a different setup.

Thanks
  2. Grifter

Grifter Member

well to add a little more..
    the parts I have are out of an integra, 90-2001

From what I have read I think i need the proportioning valve out of a civic EX 96-2000
  3. word

word Senior Member

you'll need brake lines for a 92-95 civic or a 94-00 integra. this is a good chance to upgrade them to SS lines. note, 96+ civic disk lines will not fit integra calipers.

you'll need the master cylinder from a 94+ Integra RS because it doesn't have ABS, an you can use the proportioning valve from Civics with disk brakes or any 94+ integra, ABS or not.

you can use your stock CX booster.
  4. bcman

bcman Senior Member

hmmm, things may have changed a bit in 96. I'd say your best bet would be parts from a 99-00 Civic Si.
  5. freshclive

freshclive Junior Member

you were right the 4040 proportioning valve is for the eg guys you dont need it......
    here are the honda part numbers so you can see 96-00 civ all use the same proportioning valve

96 cx proportioning valve prt# 46210-S04-902
    00 si proportioning valve prt# 46210-S04-902
  6. Grifter

Grifter Member

Great, everything will go together next week and we will see how it works.