1996 Civic Rear disk Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Grifter

I’m doing a rear disk conversion on my 1996 Civic CX hatch.

I have the rear trailing arms and disks + ebrake cables. I got a 4040 proportioning valve, master cylinder and brake booster

Now the proportion valve looks very different, kind of looks like a clamshell with all the outputs on the top where the other valve has 2 outputs on top and 2 outputs on the bottom.

What vehicles can I get the proportioning valve, Master cylinder, and brake booster off of. All the articles I find are for 1995 and older and it seems they have a different setup.

Thanks

well to add a little more..
the parts I have are out of an integra, 90-2001

From what I have read I think i need the proportioning valve out of a civic EX 96-2000

you'll need brake lines for a 92-95 civic or a 94-00 integra. this is a good chance to upgrade them to SS lines. note, 96+ civic disk lines will not fit integra calipers.

you'll need the master cylinder from a 94+ Integra RS because it doesn't have ABS, an you can use the proportioning valve from Civics with disk brakes or any 94+ integra, ABS or not.

you can use your stock CX booster.

hmmm, things may have changed a bit in 96. I'd say your best bet would be parts from a 99-00 Civic Si.

you were right the 4040 proportioning valve is for the eg guys you dont need it......
here are the honda part numbers so you can see 96-00 civ all use the same proportioning valve

96 cx proportioning valve prt# 46210-S04-902
00 si proportioning valve prt# 46210-S04-902

Back