1996 dx d16y8 build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

matt9112

well im new here and wana ask a broad basic question as im noob i have a y7 and it sucks so i plan on buying a clean y8 block as i have a y8 head and mani ect already and running a p28 ecu im shooting for 250whp and a DD will eagle rods and vitaras along with sleeving and maybe a camshaft plus a stage 2 clutch and flywheel be enough to handle high boost as a DD for 250whp anyway?

becouse i have doughts about current blocks condition but no the real reason is i dont grow money and i need my DD for work ect so im just got go get a block in good shape with as much shit in it as possible for cheap maybe 200-250 shit might get whole engine with it and send block off for sleeving and maybe boring just wondering if the mods i listed are enough for a DD turbo with 250whp

sorry man i suck at typing basicly i wana sleeve a d16y8 use a obx camshaft get rods and vitaras and intake mani and studs and i want to know if that can handle 250whp turboed for a DD

lmao no i want boost on as a DD =)

Right, but your turbo won't be generating boost as soon as your turn your car on. It has to spool up to create boost. That's what he's trying to tell you...your car will feel nice on boost, but severely lacking before your turbo spools up...

yeah i know but il try to have a shop tune it for minimul lag

real funny ohh wise one. <<<look at that period lol. sorry bro idk bout pistons i just want it to be able to safely handle the power so i can DD it with full boost. *whatever that might be* a T3 would be fine right? i want 250whp that can be driven hard no problem i mean not raced but i wana be able to go if i want to.

shut your trap and listen to these dudes youre a n00b they arent they know what theyre talking about you obviously dont

way to be a an asshole ehh? i know i odnt know jack and for you all i have been reading daily turbo diograms how they work engine specs. ect and no im building the block my buddys going to help me he built his mustang from ground up and it runs 10s so yeah. Please dont be an asshole im just looking for advice i know turbos need spool time and what not i want to know what kind of pistons ect i need for 250hp

way to be a an asshole ehh? i know i odnt know jack and for you all i have been reading daily turbo diograms how they work engine specs. ect and no im building the block my buddys going to help me he built his mustang from ground up and it runs 10s so yeah. Please dont be an asshole im just looking for advice i know turbos need spool time and what not i want to know what kind of pistons ect i need for 250hp

If i were you, I'd take that money your going to spend on your engine. And put it into this. Tutors from Sylvan Learning Center

Last edited:
If you want to run 250 whp

If you will turbo a y8 motor to get 250 whp you have alot of mods to do, and money to spend.

Upgrade rods, pistons, sleeves, acl rod/main bearings, valves, crank, springs, retainers, fuel pump, well fully upgraded fuel delivery system, headgasket. Complete torbo kit, which could put out that type of power. Ecu tunning.

Professional mechanics should do this work also.

If you want to take the easy way, just install a k-motor, k20a2. 200HP stock. A little more with bolt on's. Less headaches. You will get more ooo's and awe's with that also.

I have a k20a2 with eagle rods, acl bearings, skunk2 stage2 cams. That's plenty for me ^_^

Good luck man, all I can do is just give my opinion.

Hope all turns out well

it would be awesome if people started to listen to people who know what they are talking about. 250 horses is attainable on stock d-series blocks. Buy forged pistons, eagle rods, arp rod bolts, and build your head. Throw the kit on turn up the boost get it tuned and you will be good to go.

yeah ive slowly been doing my research and what not and i know for damn sure im going to atleast get rods and pistons because as ive done my research a lil everyone says you need them especially the rods. so you dont throw one thrue the block. good that theres ppl like you blanco that dont just rag but actually help. And building ur own turbo system for your own goals piece by piece is best way right?

yeah i know nothing it will be a total learn as you go thing just as it has been with all my other little mods. Little thing i noticed is on ebay and around i see t3s going for like 150-300 easy everyday but i look at brand new turbonetics or greddy and its ridiculous is brand new that special lol?

P28 would be fine for my ecu right sence im going to be adding vtec

Back