1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1996 honda accord ex-r

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by SCORPIONZZZZZ, May 6, 2005.

1. SCORPIONZZZZZ

SCORPIONZZZZZ Junior Member

Hi I have a 96 honda accord ex-r that misfires between 2500 and 3000 rpm only when i'm cruising not when I'm accelerating. However when I'm accelerating it lags between 2500 and 3000 rpm once it passes 3000 rpm it runs smooth again. Got a code p302 which is 2 cylinder misfiring..has any experienced this problem or know what could be the cause of it..please help :huh:

2. 96CIVICLS

96CIVICLS Senior Member

check the dizzy for corosion and also check the plug wires one of them might be burnt and have you don a tune up on it ?let me know what you fined

3. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

also check the plugs if the #2 cyliner plug is covered in oil that will causeit to misfire.....this would mean that your valve cover gasket is bad

4. SCORPIONZZZZZ

Did a tune up and it still misfires..again it's only between 2600rpm and 3000 rpm that it lags and misfires

5. SCORPIONZZZZZ

changed all the spark plugs and it still misfires..#2 plug looks like the rest of the plugs. It's not covered with oil and there is no carbon build-up.

6. SCORPIONZZZZZ

using bosch platinum plugs..tried using ngk and it's still the same problem

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted