1996 honda accord ex-r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SCORPIONZZZZZ

Hi I have a 96 honda accord ex-r that misfires between 2500 and 3000 rpm only when i'm cruising not when I'm accelerating. However when I'm accelerating it lags between 2500 and 3000 rpm once it passes 3000 rpm it runs smooth again. Got a code p302 which is 2 cylinder misfiring..has any experienced this problem or know what could be the cause of it..please help :huh:

check the dizzy for corosion and also check the plug wires one of them might be burnt and have you don a tune up on it ?let me know what you fined

also check the plugs if the #2 cyliner plug is covered in oil that will causeit to misfire.....this would mean that your valve cover gasket is bad

Originally posted by 96CIVICLS@May 7 2005, 10:44 AM
check the dizzy for corosion and also check the plug wires one of them might be burnt and have you don a tune up on it ?let me know what you fined
[post=496267]Quoted post[/post]​

Did a tune up and it still misfires..again it's only between 2600rpm and 3000 rpm that it lags and misfires

Originally posted by driver1@May 7 2005, 11:33 AM
also check the plugs if the #2 cyliner plug is covered in oil that will causeit to misfire.....this would mean that your valve cover gasket is bad
[post=496281]Quoted post[/post]​

changed all the spark plugs and it still misfires..#2 plug looks like the rest of the plugs. It's not covered with oil and there is no carbon build-up.

Originally posted by SCORPIONZZZZZ+May 10 2005, 01:54 PM-->
@May 7 2005, 11:33 AM
[post=496281]Quoted post[/post]​

changed all the spark plugs and it still misfires..#2 plug looks like the rest of the plugs. It's not covered with oil and there is no carbon build-up.
[post=497478]Quoted post[/post]​

using bosch platinum plugs..tried using ngk and it's still the same problem

Back