1996 HX H22 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seth119580

Hey guys, I have a 1996 civic HX 2 Door Coupe with a b16a2 swap in it from a 2000 civic si.

I bought a h22 long block and also an h2b adapter plate. I plan to use the 2000 civic si transmission with the h22.

Heres the few snags I have run into.

Number 1.) I need to know if I need the h22 wire harness and ecu or can I use my b16a2 wiring harness and s300 chipped ecu?

Number 2.) The transmission uses the b16a2 mounts, but the rest are the h22 swap mounts?

So would the h22 be the best thing besides a pricely k20 swap, especially with the 00 si transmission? I have been told this will make a quick accelerating car and the 200 hp will make this car fast and fun.

Just a few things I am wondering, basically what is involved with putting this h22 into my 96 2door HX coupe with the h2b adapter and 2000 si tranny with a s300 ecu and b16a2 wiring harness with obd1 jumper to plug in the ecu. what else will i need to get i have the b series axles and everything. please shed some light on this.

Thanks,

Curtis.

you need the loom from the h22 but your gonna have to splice (i think thats the word) it into the b16 dash loom.

The best thing to do if your doing the swap is read up about it because there are a few things that you have to change.............

Back