1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1996 prelude S--F22a1 to H22a1

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by Beezer34m, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Beezer34m

Beezer34m black 1996 SLUDE

Hi everyone, I recently lost my civic but gained this 96 base model prelude. The whole car is completly mint, very nice looking buuuuut its got the f22a1 non Vtec motor in it. I know the car is also obd2, so that may have to be converted also. My question is that I am fearing I bought a really hard year to do a swap on. I have read other posts were people converted from the f22b vtec, but i havent seen anyone convert from the non vtec. I have a few questions that I have not been able to find on the forums. Thanks much

1.) I know the h22a1 should bolt up with no problems, should I buy nicer motor mounts. There is about 122,000 on the original mounts?
    2.) When i get the motor should I buy just a motor, what accessories need to come with it. I am really having alot of trouble figuring out what will convert over from the f22a1 to the h22a1.
    *I know the tranny will bolt right up to it, the fuel rail I am almost positive will work.
    3.) EXHAUST!!!--I think this is the biggest fear, I know i will need new headers and a downpipe, but what about the cat??

Thanks

2. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

1: no the stock mounts are fine

2: most everything will. make sure you get an ecu with the motor, and try to keep the same OBD

3: a cat is a cat so long as the flanges match up. If not cut them off and weld the proper ones on, or have someone weld them for you.

3. Beezer34m

being the car is a 96 and obd2 i will need to get a 97 or up obd2 h22?? they are alot more, could i get away with a 95 or below??

4. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

you could get obd1 just have to do some wiring or get a conversion harness

5. Beezer34m

how do yous think the emmisions and inspections will hold up to that i have heard it will pass and that it will fail?? really confused about this...

6. 96luder

96luder New Member

i realize this thread is about a year old, but i'm desperate, you wouldn't by any chance have the obd2 f22a1 engine harness lying around anywhere would you? i need one last week...and the computer for the exact same motor? has to be manual trans...
    please have it...

7. DESPAIN

DESPAIN yep....mmhhm.......yep...

look just get a h22a with tranny ecu and axles. its not a hard swap to do! then have fun!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted