1996 Prelude S

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lol you can buy a name brand exhaust kit for under 600, ive had great luck with mbrp its on my vette and was on my ST , great stuff

i'd pass on MBRP, all the stuff they provide for the veloster is imperfect fitment, pipes welded off-center, etc

i'd pass on MBRP, all the stuff they provide for the veloster is imperfect fitment, pipes welded off-center, etc
wuttttt its got a warranty and the mbrp intercooler and full exhaust on the ST was PERFECT FIT ! the vette is just axle back but it fit perfect , my best friend has their full exhaust on his 15 silverado and it also was a perfect fit

wuttttt its got a warranty and the mbrp intercooler and full exhaust on the ST was PERFECT FIT ! the vette is just axle back but it fit perfect , my best friend has their full exhaust on his 15 silverado and it also was a perfect fit
they prob make the mbrp exhaust for the korean cars in korea also is what it is

Rainbow Muffler is going to build it for 200, they patched exhaust on my blue integra and it looked nice and clean. It won't be anything too fancy but it'll be a start

2.5" straight pipe from the downpipe onward into a single muffler to keel it legal, with the Bosozoku tip. 240$ in all.
IMG_20181008_193003_682.jpg

20181008_191329.jpg

Roast me i deserve it.

did someone sneeze while you were welding, or is that your weld?

faith in you is being lost.... lol

Long story short I'm probably gonna end up with an eg coupe. It was sitting on the property at the shop across the street and we got it for free just for removing it. Car looks like a nightmare but parts are parts. 5 speed d16y7 swap with the good intake manifold, stanced but missing 2 of the wheels. Just gotta wait on paperwork to get a title.

How much EK suspension fits on an EG? The drivers side suspension is all messed up but I have almost 2 complete sets of EK suspension in storage

little to no, the arm length spacing is short. maybe the front shocks?

Okay correction the suspension looks fine but the struts (presumably were coilovers) were missing. However I did confirm that EK ones will fit, I have a set of 1 piece lowering springs and struts from an old partout. Seems like an easy flip. Just gotta wait for a title.
20181023_093127.jpg
20181023_093140.jpg

So fun update on the 95 Civic. The owner's mother called, the kid is in jail and will be for a while. She doesn't want to deal with the car or retrieving it. Since it was a private impound i gotta wait until December 5th for the shop to take possesion of it and then i can get my hands on it.

Competition stage 2 clutch kit, 11lb flywheel ordered today. Found a manual trans out of a 93 SI with only 88k miles for $275 at a local salvage yard. Swap goes in next weekend, I'm excited.

Tomorrow night begins the marathon weekend of working on cars. I stopped drinking beer so i gotta figure something out in place of my gatorade/ice house combo.
Friday night - Pull F22B DOHC from parts car, Pull F22a1 from my Prelude
Saturday - Assemble F22B swap, install into black prelude
Sunday - Assemble F22a1 swap, install into silver prelude

Only thing I'm missing that I'm aware of is an ecu to run the parts prelude, which I'm going to reassemble as a running driving vehicle and sell.

Silver Prelude was worse than I thought so its just going to be a parts car now. On the bright side the new motor and transmission are in black prelude and everything should just need fluids to get going.

Everything is in place and hooked up aaannndddd no start. Has to be no spark because I have fuel and air. I had to rewire the dizzy and I fear something may have gone wrong. My old one had a 2 wire plug and a 4 wire plug. The new one for the new motor has a 2 wire plug that matches mine, and an 8 wire plug. So long story short I have 4 wires with nowhere to go. I found a diagram with obd2-obd1 wire colors and matched them up but no dice. Does anyone know off hand why my old Dizzy would have only had 4 wires going into the main distributor plug? Really anyone with knowledge of rewiring distributors would be of use here.

Back