1997 Accord H22 help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1991hb

Here's the deal. My friend has a '97 accord with an F22B2. He can get an H22A with the transmission, ECU, and Engine harness. What else does he need to make this swap possible. I've searched and can't really find what I'm looking for. Would he need to get different axles, engine mounts(or does it drop straight in), ETC. Any help would be appreciated. By the way his car is an automatic and he is sticking with the automatic if that makes a difference. Thanks

Think you need hasport engine mounts i might be worng as when i done my swap on my accord i used my existing engine mounts and they fit perfectly

no mounts are neccessary for any accord or prelude swaps. hopefully, your friends gets an obd2 engine as that would be much easier when it comes to wiring.

you use your accord axles, doesnt matter if you use a prelude tranny or not.

i have heard but i cannot confirm.... that you MAY need the front motor mount of of a 90-93 accord. i dont know for sure if that is true or not but if not then all of you mounts will work.

and if you can...get your hands on an h22 tranny.....unless you plan to boost the h22 tranny is the way to go. the accord tranny is geared lower and wont run as well as the h22 tranny...trust me!!

for all f22 accords, no differnt mounts are needed besides stock.

you will need to tap some holes into the h transmission if thats what you decide to go with. the stock mount or the h mount wont line up with the mount on the body. so you just need to relocate the tranny mount. not hard at all.

i have heard though u need to do some custimization to the driver side mount

as far as wut else im not to sure i think u need a smaller fan than the stock ones for clearance, but im not to sure on that part

If he does and obd 2 motor then it would be much easier but you have more restrictions.

If he does and obd 1 motor then you have to get an obd 2a to obd 1 auto ecu conversion harness. I just did the same swap in my 96 accord. The only people you can get an obd 2a to obd 1 auto ecu conversion harness is Rywire - Online Store
You wanna talk to them. They know just about everything you need to do for your wiring. Also if you do an obd 1 motor then you can either extend the wires yourself that need to be done or you can buy a harness from rywire.

You don't need to change your motor mounts.

Back