1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1997 Civic CX Alarm

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by TTrout, Aug 20, 2006.

1. TTrout

TTrout New Member

I just bought a 97 CX and when I was doing some body work when the alarm decided to go off. I couldn't find any way to disable it so I had to cut the wire to it, which also included the horn. So now I need to either learn how to reset it, or just disable it altogether because I need to rewire the horn at least. How do I disarm the alarm or fix it from going off at the drop of a hat?? The owner's manual covers nothing about the alarm. Thanks

2. suspendedHatch

suspendedHatch audio/security

Is this a factory alarm (plugged into OEM green plug) or aftermarket (has t-taps)? If it's factory, all you have to do is unplug it.

You didn't need to cut the horn wire. You need to cut either the power or ground.

3. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

Hi, i just stole a honda civic and i need to learn how to disarm an alarm so i don't get caught while i'm taking it apart.i don't want it disarm the starter or fuel because i need to be able to drive it away. also, if you guys could tell me where all the vins are and how to get wheel locks off, that would be great to. TIA!!!

4. wrx-killer- Sti eater

wrx-killer- Sti eater Junior Member

5. suspendedHatch

suspendedHatch audio/security

The sad thing about your sarcasm is that every ten year old wanna be gang-star in the (suburbs) ghetto knows that information and they never had any access to the internet.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted