1997 Civic DX.. What should i do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MoparMick

so im totaly new to this import thing im al laobut merican muscle but i tohught id give this a shot..... now i dont want to be spending alot of money nor do i want a slow car..... i dont want ot have to do and crazy fag work... but im looking for a motor to bore and stroke.. some one told me a b16.... i think i have a d16 or d15 im not sure..... and then theres like the b16a and b16 b i dont know what the heck is the differance

any advice would be awsome. thanks

OK so lets just say i have about 3 grand to play around with and what exactly is a hommade turbo? and dose i think i have a d16 or w/e so can the V-tech heads fit on that and if so dose that basicly make it a v-tech?.... well any ways... if i switch to a b series will i have to swap out my tranny since my motor is the D series?

Alright thanks man.... so do you know how much power id be able ot get out of it... and will it even be safe to run a turbo without swapping connecting rods, pistons, lifters, and valve springs or should i be alright?

Oh and another thing since i just started looking for that head to buy.... do i have to worry if it says its for a differant submodel like and EX instead of a DX alos.... whats d- series short or long block?

Ok so now my next question is.....if i do swap the heads what shouyld i do ECU wise i know i can still use mine (P2E) but will that cost me any power??? and if i should swich how muhc is it and how much of a pain in the butt is it? thanks

You need to wire the vtec head into the car, some old civics have the vtec wiring already ( like the 96 HX has vtec wiring) and you need the vtec ecu or chipped ecu,

Back