1997 civic lx ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
car was running rouch and throwing a code

TDC code, auto zone scanned, said it was a misfire, sold my sister plugs, wires, and cap
she changed em and now car no longer starts...

wires seem to be in order, new dizzy, new rotor...

right before the car stopped running it had some odd symptoms...
the CEL light would be on when the car was running and all the sudden it would start flashing, without the code jumper being connected...

wtf mate?
is the ecu cooked?

has spark but its lacking...
has fuel...
what gives?

coil maybe?

having spark is whats killing me on this...have yall hooked it up to a fuel pressure guage to see what its runnin at?

its internal coil with a brand new distributor though...

haven;t tested the fuel pressure yet, but it smells of fuel so i don't think thats the issue...

Quoted post[/post]]
ive got my genisis machine if anything goes wrong on an OBD2 car...

tdc code usually means the dizzy is fucked, but i think thats only obd1 when all tdc sensors were in the dizzy, obd2 uses a crank sensor!

and on OBD2 cars if the cel light flashes with the car running, it is saying you have a current misfire!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
ive got my genisis machine if anything goes wrong on an OBD2 car...

tdc code usually means the dizzy is fucked, but i think thats only obd1 when all tdc sensors were in the dizzy, obd2 uses a crank sensor!

and on OBD2 cars if the cel light flashes with the car running, it is saying you have a current misfire!

Whats the code number? My car was throwing a code for "mfg controlled ingnition or misfire" according to my POS actron scanner (what autozone prob used since they sell them) the code was p1289 (or 1298, i forget) anyway if they used the scanner its not always what it says it is. Follow the code number, not what the scanner says.
My misfire turned out to actually be a CKF sensor. But i have more issues than just that.

Back