1997 civic lx wanting to swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

actually, you know what, go ahead and buy your whole fucking front clip, and put it in your empty engine bay, and dont come on here bitching when nothing works. emphasis on nothing.

let me tell you something asshole i told you i am new to this game bitch and i don't fucking understand it i am lost as to why i pretty much made up my mind on what i want to do do fuck off and don't help me if you are not going to be of any fuckin use ok bitch and if you ever see this name on here again just pass it by ok bitch i am fucking learning if you wanted to be of any help go kill yourself and make the world a better place now if anyone can give me a real reason as to why it doesn't work please let me know thank you and your still an ass hole that needs to be fuck ok fucker :p

hey mrnice, civicious was just telling you that...LISTEN TO WHAT PEOPLE ARE TELLING YOU. the harness from '92-95 motors will not work with your car because of the plug under the dash and the plugs under the hood (big plugs on each side). if you're just learning, dont talk back to your teachers B)

92-95 (SiR-2 b16a engine
swap $2200
1600cc vtec
Hydro Tranny type
p30 obd-1 or obd-2 ecu equipped
Specify which year type you need (obd-1/2)

that is the other reason why i am confused ass hole if you go to Jaydm.com and look at the 92-95 Sir2 you will see they have it for it that is why i was asking jerk

e money 9 thank you i understand that but look how ass hole talks to me i am tring to figure it all out and acts like and ass so i rather not learn from him. but if you look at what i quoted from jaydm.com you will see why i am even more confused because they that it fits right in but you guys are telling me know are they wrong? :huh:

jaydm.com is wrong, if thats what they have. a p30 is obd1. dont get all pissy at me, i told you like 4 times why it wont work. if you want to start a flame war, bring your ass into the members lounge.

fuck both of i told you if you not going to teach fuck off you still alive i thought you killed yourself make the world a better place....remember i was confused and all you did was yell fuck wat ever board you want to go come out to pa or nj so i could layith the smachith

youre an idiot...ive sat here and told you what you need to do to make it work, and why what you want to do wont work, and you just wont listen.

somebody lock this.

ok now you talking how do i make it work that is what i want to know help me don't yell at me or swear at me there no need for it i am starting to understand it i just want to make it work and beable to pass emmissions even tho it is not strict here if i move i want to make sure i will pass all they do here is put a probe in a muffler, now what do i need to do next say i have the 92-95 sir2 with the obd1 since you said it doesn't work what do i need to do next let start over i will be the bigger man and say i am sorry

by george i think i've got it i went to a chat and i was talking so some peeps i think i get it now all this time i was thinking it was an issue about O2 sensors but it is the connection on the inside of the car under the dash board is that what you all are talking about? if it is i will not post here anymore sorry for the mess up love hondas.lol :slap: :imgone:

go get a Civic EX harness from a '96-'98 ONLY. then you need a OBD2a-OBD1 jumper harness. what kind of ECU do you have again? either use a P28 or a P30. Dont use a GSR ECU cause it wont run right. once you have the harness, plug it into your motor. make sure all the wires are long enough. if you have to lenghten wires, solder and shrink wrap. DONT CUT AND SPLICE! use the plugs from the old OBD1 harness. Just cut the plug with enough wire slack. If you need help with this, you can send me both harnesses, and ill make the EX harness wires long anough to fit your motor. after that its all downhill from there. also make sure your motor mounts are in good shape (bushing inserts). you will use all your stock motor mount brackets, EXCEPT the back middle bracket. you need to get one from a '99-'00 Si. and you might also want to get the passenger side vibration mount bracket from an Si also. (its the one that bolts up to your Tranny.) let me know how it goes.
as for emissions, trust me, its a lot easier and cheaper if you just get a smog "ON THE SIDE". but if all they do in your state is hook up the "THING" onto the tailpipe you should be fine. BUt since you'll be running OBD1 in an OBD2 car they might trip. so unless you live in CALI, like me, dont worry about it.

wrong, playa. ive got an obd2 p72 and it runs great.

and you dont use the plugs from the obd1 harness...everything except the distributor will plug right into the obd2 harness.

youre gonna have to get a 96-98 gsr distributor, too.

but here's a general parts list for you:

1. motor/transmission
2. 96-98 civic EX harness
3. 99-00 Si axles
4. 99-00 Si rear, a/c, and front transmission mounts
5. 99-00 Si intake manifold (if youre using a non-obd2 b16)
6. 96-98 gsr distributor
7. 96-98 gsr P72 ecu (or a p20/p30 and a jumper...if you use an obd1 ecu/jumper you wont be able to pass emissions in some places, a lot of places plug a reader into your ecu data port thingie, and if youve got an obd1 ecu it'll show up as you having no ecu at all and you'll fail emissions. dont worry, my obd2 p72 runs fine)
8. any 92-up b-series shift linkage. go for the linkage from an integra ls, they're much cheaper than del sol vtec's, gsr's, or si's
9. 99-00 si exhaust manifold/downpipe/cat. youre gonna have to run wires from the o2 sensor thats after the cat, and lengthen the wires from the o2 sensor that's before the cat.
10. 96-up b-series alternator (if you have an obd1 motor)

im pretty sure thats everything...

OH youre gonna need an si upper radiator hose, too...

i didnt mean to use the plugs from the OBD1 harness because the OBD2 plugs wont work. i said to cut the plugs with some wire slack, so that you can solder them to the new harness to make the certain plug longer. you should only have to lenghten the VTEC silenoid wire, O2 sensor wires and the IACV plug wire. jsut plug everything in and figure out which ones you need to lenghten. as for running an OBD2 ECU, there is no way, unless you use you stock harness. WHY you ask...EX harnesses only have one O2 sensor plug. the second O2 sensor plug is right next to the shift linkage (on EX models and '99-'00 Si) not wired to the harness. evry other '96-98 civic has two O2 sensor plugs. :spin:

vtec solenoid, vtec pressure sensor, and o2 sensor. the iacv will reach, you jus gotta stretch it a bit...but it'll reach.

and about the o2 sensor thing, i know...running only one o2 sensor does nothing except throw a pesky cel and make the motor bog at 10% throttle below 2krpm in 1st gear. that can be fixex by simply wiring up a second o2 sensor straight to the ecu (if you need to pass emissions or somethin)

im using a 98 ex harness, and i jus run 1 o2 sensor...no biggie.

hey guys thank you very much that is what i was talking about. now here is the deal i went to that Hmotorsports and they had a b16 with the hyrdro and i sent the link to another company and they beat the price for 1500 from Japan and that includes shipping should i jump on it? it is a 95 b16 comes with everything wiring harness ecu motor tranny! and with that i still need all the things you said right if you guys tell me yes i will order it with in the next two weeks and thanks again guys :wall:

lol i hope so let me ask you this being a NOOB should i get this professionaly installed? I have a shop that does swaps and he said something like 400 to do the swap is that a good price? :blink:

dont pay him up front. give him like $100 up front, and then give him the rest once its done and you've driven it and it runs right.

iono...400's a good price, but its more fun to DIY...and youll get experience and shit too, and be able to tell people that you did it your goddamn self.

DMS racing, y0....Didit MySelf!

Back