1997 h22a swap into a 1995 usdm accord lx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingmarc63

1. i AM ABOUT TO SWAP A 1997 H22A JDM PRELUDE IN MY 1995 ACCORD...IS THIS 1997 JDM ENGINE OBD1 OR OBD2....?
2. CURRENTLY THE PRELUDE ENGINE IS IN A 1993 PRELUDE BODY WILL I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE THE WIRING PART OF THE SWAP PAIN FREE.
I AM TRYING TO AVOID BUYING A COMPLETE WIRING HARNESS FOR THE ENGINE TO WORK IN MY ACCORD.....
i WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFO AT ALL ON WIRING THIS THING UP
THANKS

1. Your engine is OBD2.

2. You'll have to rewire the injectors and distributor, along with all the other wiring stuff required for an H22/Accord swap.

3. You'll need a conversion harness for the ECU to plug into your current wiring harness. Check on the Prelude that the engine is in right now to determine how it was accomplished there.

Are you SURE the engine in the car is a '97?

Ummmm, in my old Accord, my engine block said H22A, and it was from a 92-95 JDM Prelude....

If I were you, I'd take the ECU that came with the engine, and put it side-by-side with the ECU that's in your car. If the plugs look the same, then you've got an OBD1 engine. If not, it's OBD2....

there's year and month stamped right on the head saying what year and what month it was made....and if it's a JDM 97 H22A then it's an OBD1 engine...i'm saying this cuz that's what i got in my car...a 97 JDM h22a...you can flame me all you want but find out for yourself then flame on me...

hey venom
Where on the head of the engine is this manufacture date written...?

ALSO, has any one ever done a complete wire harness swap for a h22a motor (everything from the ecu to the motor). I have an 1995 obd1 accord and trying to put a 1997 obd2 h22a motor in it...and presently the motor is in a 1993 prelude body

:( comE' on guyS make your mind up IS A 1997 H22A JDM ENGINE AN OBD1??????

As I said above....

I am 110% positive that ANY engine that Honda made in 1997 or later is OBD2.

There shouldn't even be any argument about this. It's silly. The body styles AND engines changed in 97. I am willing to bet any amount of money that they're OBD2.

Want proof? Call you local Honda dealer.

the date, you have to remove the heat shield that covers the exhaust manifold it should stamp on the head just right above the exhaust manifold...it has lil circles....

about the OBD1 OBD2 thing...exactly the USDM H22a is OBD2 but JDM is still OBD1 up to 99...Kingmarc63...to know something sometimes you gotta find out for yourself...why dont you remove one of your injector from the 97 h22a (suppose to be OBD2) and plug it into your accord harness and see if it'll fit...cuz that's the only thing that's different in the engine...dont take my words for it...for everyone else say what you wanna say i aint argue'n....Kingmarc63...if you find out that it's an obd2 then i'll be here to take your flame and call me stupid...

How can you be a 110% positive?
B=2
U=21
L=10
L=10 +
S=19
H=8
I=10
T=20
--------
=110%

A=1
B=2
C=3
D=4
Z=26

No, its OBD 2. Quit pulling shit out of your ass and telling people wrong information. How can YOU be so sure that its OBD 1? Show me proof other than "because i say so!"

Last time I checked, all engines made after 1996 were OBD 2. I have an OBD II code reader, and it read my girlfriends Saturn, and my sister's Oldsmobile. OBD II served as a standard for multiple manufacturers, not just for emissions reasons.

Originally posted by AsiAnVenOm@Sep 8 2003, 01:15 AM
the date, you have to remove the heat shield that covers the exhaust manifold it should stamp on the head just right above the exhaust manifold...it has lil circles....

about the OBD1 OBD2 thing...exactly the USDM H22a is OBD2 but JDM is still OBD1 up to 99...Kingmarc63...to know something sometimes you gotta find out for yourself...why dont you remove one of your injector from the 97 h22a (suppose to be OBD2) and plug it into your accord harness and see if it'll fit...cuz that's the only thing that's different in the engine...dont take my words for it...for everyone else say what you wanna say i aint argue'n....Kingmarc63...if you find out that it's an obd2 then i'll be here to take your flame and call me stupid...

How can you be a 110% positive?
B=2
U=21
L=10
L=10 +
S=19
H=8
I=10
T=20
--------
=110%

A=1
B=2
C=3
D=4
Z=26

That's funny!
I gotta use that one!

dude i got a 97 JDM h22a in my 95 ex...that's how i know...i was confused as fuck when i put that thing in there too...cuz i didn't know if it's OBD1 or OBD2 cuz people keep on telling me it's obd2 but the thing is it's jdm and the only different between OBD1 and obd2 is just the distributor and the injector (engine waise) but the jdm distributor is all internal, and the injector is still peak and hold injecter, now how did i know? cuz i sent it rc engineering to do a flow test and it did came out to be 345cc peak/hold injectors...honestly why would i pull something like that outta my ass and telling everyone? afterall i'm just sharing my experience of what i know if you dont believe me...fine...i aint got shit to prove...as far as a 97 jdm h22a, the question is did you atleast deal or experience with one bfore? if not then shut the fuck up...i can take a picture of the motor but what does that prove? nothing cuz the only different is the distrubitor and the injectors....and the stamp of the date of the engine that dont prove shit either...so i aint gonna try to prove nothing

as for kingmarc63 my words vs. everyone else i guess...find out for yourself....i'm just trying to help but if you dont believe me then eventually you'll find out when you do the actual swap...

:( :( :( :( ok guys before you all start shooting each other i am going to do a research in the body of the 1993 prelude that i have...
I have already taken out the pressumed 1997 h22a engine and tranny but the ecu is still in there.
1. I am going to ceck the block for a date like what asian venom said
2. i am going o check the ecu to see if it p13 or what ever
3 i am going to check the see if there is any obd1 or 2 adapter on the ecu
4. i am going to check to see if the presummed 1997 h22a injector will fit my accord harness has dohcvtec said

I will let you guy know the result of my finding later
ps. i was told that i have a 1997 engine so if there is no current modifiction the the 1993 prelude wiring the engine is obd1. I think ?????????
Thanks for all the info

dude by now you know know that there's a date stamped right on the head of each engine...and yeah i read the date on the engine that's how i know it's a 97 and yes it said "97" on the head...and yes i know how to read numbers...

Kingmarc63: bfore you find out...i suggest you get'n a 92-95 ecu....and dont get the conversion kit...i experience this first hand....and if i'm wrong with this i'm willing to bet, i will give you a set of 345cc peak/hold injectors to convert your motor to obd1...and on top of that, if you're anywhere in california and willing to drive to my house, i'll help you install your motor for free within a day...so there how's that? i put the money where my mouth is...i talk shit and walk the walk..

the reason why i got a set of 345cc peak/hold injectors and obd1 distributor laying around is cuz there's alota dumb fuck saying that it's obd2 and have to convert it to OBD1 then i have to replace those...

and yes anyone can sit there and play "what if" all fucking day long....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back