1998 Honda CRV Turbo B20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rbm4_99

Hi all, I'm completely new here and I'm looking for input:

I've got a 1998 Honda CRV B20 Auto. It basically was my run around crap winter car until I burned a valve.

One thing led to another and I ended up buying an XS power T3/T4 turbo kit (I know, lots of warnings, etc. on the blogs which of course I didn't read until after it had already been won on Ebay, a true impulse buy). Please don't freak me out by telling me it's crap and will not only blow apart but will ruin my family and get me fired.

It came without directions for installation and my local mechanic is a bit freaked out by all the tubing. Any ideas? I'll let you guys know how it turns out, just looking for a little more power nothing outrageous. (yet)

I expect my transmission to be the next to go, and at that point we'll upgrade the tranny too.

Thanks for any pointers, and I haven't noticed a great deal of CRV tuning enthusiasm on the web---any links to other sites would be great.

Great site by the way

Well, I'm pretty sure the kit you got is for a B20 in a Civic/CRX. Most of the intercooler piping and what not will have to be altered in one way or another. I'm sure you will run into some problems with the exhaust too. If your mechanic isn't comfortable with doing that, don't have him do it.

you should be looking for a tune when that's all installed. you'll need an ecu program that has extended tables for boost. crome is free. google it.

Back