1998 Teg with ZC engine (?)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

photon

I got from my father 1998 teg.. But when i got into modifying i saw that it was equiped with a 1.6L ZC engine :worthy: Now i want to make this engine vtec... I want to leave a full swap as my last option... Can anyone help me? :(

what the fuck are you talking about???

more info please?

1998 or 1988???

98 with a ZC, i call BULLSHIT

EDIT: I LIKE TATER TOTS.... YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAA

what exactly does it say one the block of your engine it should say b18b or c

There are actually some DC's that came with the 1.6 sohc zc engine that he's talking about, but it never came out in the states. In japan it was called the Ti, Xi-G, and the Xi-4WD.

On the chasis it says "Ti", it was bought directly from japan (i don't live in the US)... What can i do with it? It's not a dead engine as you say, it's pretty vivid but i want more... I want to get it up to a respectaple 150-160 hp... But i don't know anything about this engine...

get a diffrent car?
get a full swap? B16, B18, H22
do a mini-me head swap?
do a sohc vtec swap?

vtec will only get you to 130 or 135 horses, not worth it

or go turbo...

turbo can get you to 200 horse with proper tuning

not too sure about how your mounts work but i will try to give you approximates...

you have a 98, so i think thats OBD2 right?

so i think your B16 swap would run upwards of 1800 approx

you could prob use junkyard mounts from a wrecked B16 teg...

B18B would give you 140 horse, swap goes for around 2200 from hmotorsonline.com, but prob cheaper from a local junk yard...
and again use B series mounts from a stock teg

H22 would yield 200 horse for around 2K, but then you need mount kits and lots of wiring and customization... axles, shifter cables, etc... you can get the H22 in OBD2... not sure what version your car is...

turbo kit could be built for less than 2K, i think greddy has a bare bones kit for under 2K, no intercooler or anything fancy with it...

check out homemadeturbo.com
you could use an HF manifold on your D series motor, with an adaptor plate, first gen eclipse turbo, junkyard intercooler, fmu, oil feed lines.... etc etc etc

read up on this site and any other honda site to get a better idea of what you wanna do... make sure you have the skills to handle whatever you are planning...
check your local junkyards and see if they have a wrecked integra, even if its just a B18 non vtec swap, it'll be fast and prob cheap, and everything you need for your swap will be right there...

where are you from? if you come across cheap motors at your local junkyards let us know, i;m sure someone would be interested if your locality hasn't been overpriced by the honda craze

your car is right hand drive?

also check out complete fornt clips for teg's, another way tog et all the shit your need to just bolt a new motor in...

I did a little research the other day and i got my self accross a full swap on a 1999 integra (1.8 vtec). It was cut in half at an accident. For about $1400 everything but the gear box... I live in Cyprus...

I would suggest doing an Integra Type R engine swap, buy the complete clip from like hmotorsonline.com or something.

1400 for a gsr swap minus the trans is damn good

make sure you get the car cause you will need the mounts and wire harness and ecu... then go get yourself a nice trans with LSD...

and type R swap runs about 5K+, not worth it...

acid mmmaaaannnnnn

nah, LSD = limited slip differential

non lsd = only one wheel spinning

LSD = 2 wheels putting power to the ground

LSD = GOOD

thankz.... Seems i've got a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot to learn about cars... I'll keep you informed for the outgoing of this project. Thankz.

Back