1999 civic hx d16y5 swap to b18 gsr motor help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

forbangerhero

ok i have a 1999 hx civic with the d16y5 motor and it blows so i have bought my self a b18 gsr motor with everything the tranny,wire harness,ecu everything to make it run.......but i have some qestions will i have to change the vtec controler? do i have to use the gsr axles cuz it dident come with them? and if anyone can tell what else i am forgeting please tell me.. thanks sorry about the spelling

You need axles from a 94-01 teg, 94-96 b16 del sol, or 99-00 civic si. The gsr ecu will control vtec. What year is the swap? Depending on that, you may have some minor wiring to tackle. Also, you will need the rear motor mount bracket from a 99-00 si. The integra rear mount will not work in your chassis.

I'd read through our reference section before you dive into it https://hondaswap.com/technical-articles-reference/

its a 1998 motor and ecu wireing i am not worried about i am a mechanic i do it all the time but i am new to the honda game i have been doin the v8 thing since i was a kid so i dont think this is gana be all that hard but thanks for the info helps out alot

Ok you need a few things. I did a b18b swap in my 98 Hx and a Vtec head is waiting to go on. I drive the car daily swapped for 2 years now no problems. First off do yourself a big favor and get a 99-00 Si or 96-00 EX harness any will work. I know everyone says just use the stock harness. Here is the thing with the Hx, it has a 5 wire O2 and all B series are 4 wire. Trust me it is a pain to try and rewire. You will need to swap a few plugs over from the GSR harness and repin wires at the ecu. If you call Hasport they will tell you a great wed site that has all the swap wiring you could even need. I used it for my swap but cant remember the name. That said motor mounts, For the trans you wan the one from you old D16Y5, it will bolt right up the the B trans. Rear mount you will need a 99-00 Si bracket, you use the stock rubber. Timing belt side mount bracket behind the timing cover, you need the 99-00 Si, you can use the stock rubber again. Axles 99-00 Si or 94-01 Integra.

Back