1999 CRV

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

since it needs tires and struts im really leaning towards doing somthing like this

1998-honda-crv-for-sale1998-honda-crv-lift-kit---auto-cars-world-zwaqfuok.jpg

not sure what lift he has but i think it looks pretty cool.

also can an admin change the thread name to my 1999 crv? thnaks

since it needs tires and struts im really leaning towards doing somthing like this

1998-honda-crv-for-sale1998-honda-crv-lift-kit---auto-cars-world-zwaqfuok.jpg

not sure what lift he has but i think it looks pretty cool.

also can an admin change the thread name to my 1999 crv? thnaks

I've seen that one. Nice. And done.

So I have a little dilemma. I'm having trouble finding lift springs that aren't back ordered for weeks but i can find spacers. Both will accomplish the height i want, the spacers are a little cheaper. I know the springs are probably ideal but the whole lift thing is purely aesthetic is not like I'm gonna be out rock crawling our something. Do would I be crazy to get spacer blocks instead of springs?

Nope, as long as you install them correctly and they don't collapse on you. Just remember that you're not gaining any travel with the spacer lift, just physical height. Don't exceed the safe angles for your suspension joints with the lift either.

Nope, as long as you install them correctly and they don't collapse on you. Just remember that you're not gaining any travel with the spacer lift, just physical height. Don't exceed the safe angles for your suspension joints with the lift either.
cool. im not looking for travel at all. a little ground clearance and look better. i hope they wont collapse there billet lol

cool. im not looking for travel at all. a little ground clearance and look better. i hope they wont collapse there billet lol
Yeah you're good. Some of the cheaper ones are welded tube and thin plate- those are the ones you have to worry about. The thin ones I have on my truck are billet. :)

the crv's tend to sag a little in the back so im thinkin about doing an extra .5" in the back to make up for it a little when i have shit back there

ok so Ive been talking to Owen about making a set of spacers for the cr-v and we were discussing making them like this company does where they bolt them to the top of the strut and then thread in a new stud or if it would be better the put new studs in the strut? how hard would it be to press out the old ones and put in longer ones?

s816017090740479120_p1_i5_w160.jpeg

Yeah, you just replace the studs in the top hats. Easy. Either way is good.

got my new struts in the mail today and ordered tires and wheels. just waiting to figure out what is happenning with spacers! stoked to get this done

what size tires are you going with?
i think they are 225/70/15. I know of other people running that size but I'm kind of thinking a 215 would have been better for my power

got the rack on and got my tires and weels today! Just wating on @newb to finish my spacers.

went with cragar d-window 15x7's and 215/75/r15 toyo open country a/t's. No rubbing at all so far

10406553_796951630317526_4719245255187985102_n.jpg

10364190_796951643650858_668736464427577257_n.jpg

Back