1999 dx swap advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zyphax

Hello. Im new to hondaswap and was woundering if you could help me out. Im considering getting a swap done but having a hard time picking an engine out. I was thinking about a B16a and the B18c. I would like to stick with the B16a, because its cheaper, but i read a few times that its not worth it and should save up for a B18c instead. one of my friend suggested a d16y8, would that be somthing I should think about getting?
also my car is a 1999 dx so im confused on the ODB. is it ok if i go from a 2 to 1 or should i stick with a 2?
Thanks

i would get the b16 because of tranny and head & later you can get a b18 or b20 block. it [b16] also came in the same platform you have just in 2dr form. then when you add upgrades youll want an OBD2b to OBD1 harness and a p28 or its equivilent ecu with crome or any other ems

in my sig you can see my swap thread 99 dx. but i'm keeping my cable tranny from my crx...

yes. however when you install power adders [cams, pistons, p&p] youll need to tune on the dyno and obd1 is the obd youll need to use for the ems you choose

Isnt it illegal to go from obd 2 to obd 1 in some states? I live in colorado and im not sure if it is or not. Also, how long would the engine swap take with 2 people working on it?

i dont know

it depends on how good you know the procedure/steps
and how good you wrench

if you dont know exacly how to do it, but youve worked on cars youll figure it out quick. specially if you search.

Back