1999 Honda civic ex non-vtec swap info anyone?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ignorant import guy

Ok, well as my user name already states I am stupid and I could use some major help from anybody who is willing. I own a 1999 Honda Civic 1.6 SOHC non-vtec. I would like to swap a 1.6 DOHC Vtec into it. I have a few problems. I have been reading different websites and have a mix up in information. I am looking to swap just an engine (not neccessarily a JDM). What engine do I need? B16A2 or B16A3 with what components to fit with my stock automatic 4 speed transmission (if that is a possible swap) If this swap is possible what is the cheapest price I could find the engine I need for, and where? Also, what engine mount kit would I need to purchase if any, or would the mounts need to be fabricated. Any information would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks to anyone who can help!

No B-series engine will fit with your stock D-series transmission. Period, end of story. Can't be done.

#1 wrong forum

#2 you will need a B16a2 with an auto tranny for this swap to work. As far as i know, wil is right about the trannies...there might be a conversion plate for it that i dont know about.

#3 you can find an engine at Hmotorsonline.com, but i dont think they sell engines with auto trannies...might wanna ask, but i highly doubt it.

Quoted post[/post]]
#2 you will need a B16a2 with an auto tranny for this swap to work. As far as i know, wil is right about the trannies...there might be a conversion plate for it that i dont know about.

It's not just a matter of the tranny bolting to the block...the splines on the input shaft are totally different as well. You'd have to have a custom clutch made, and good luck doing that. Consequentally, noone makes a conversion plate for it.

And I dunno if they still do, but a while back Hmotors could get auto transmissions...a friend of mine put an auto JDM SiR-G swap in his gf's civic...

All of those who replied thanks a ton. been having information problems. Now with that question answered does anybody know the cheapest place to get a complete swap american or japanese version?

Back