1999 SI-Type r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SPEEDFREAK0920

my buddy has a 99 SI with a jdm b16a swap. he had a 5.5k limit to either swap or boost his car. his goals are 12's with slicks/drag radials.

i told him to boost his b16 and tune it really well,but a local shop talked him out of it (they said reliability would be sh*t) and got him to buy a complete 97 jdm itr swap w/ lsd. he's transfering all his bolt-ons from his b16 onto the itr (i/h/e/fpr/fuel rail).

1. About how fast will his car be with street tires and drag radials?
2. What will he have to do to reach his goal or be as close as possible to it?

this is his daily driver so reliability is a main concern. he wanted me to post this for him and get your guys' opinions on his swap choice. thnx for all the help

silva

tell your friend to just buy a gsr block and some ITR pistons.....he is going to waste his money

and he can put an ls crank rods in the gsr block...i'm not sure about pistons

all motor sucks! i bet he wont be able to get anything better the mid 14's. the Si is the same weight as the type r, so it wont be much faster then a type r. so, ya, it'll be slow.

he shoulda stuck with the b16 and boosted it. ive seen a COMPLETELY stock 00 si, with a greddy kit at 6psi, 17" wheels with cheap ass street tires, run a 14.2 @101mph. if its not too late, tell him he wasting his money.

building a turbo motor can be as reliabale as any N/a app or more it all is up to tuning! it's a bummer when shops get ideas in their head or individuals are bitter about things

damnit...ya i thought the itr swap was a bad idea. i just told him the news and he's bummin out. what will he have to do to reach ATLEAST 13's then? i was thinking: PnP...3 angle valve job....and cams(any suggestions?). with these mods what will he possibly be looking at?

He's selling his jdm b16a swap(if anyone is interested pm me) and will have around 2k to spend on the itr swap. so with that much $ what should he do? are there any turbo kits that would work safely? or should he just stick with N/A?

he already ordered the swap so the bad news was like a kick in the nuts for him! ALL of your guys' help is really appreciated.thnx again for everything

SILVA

With that kind of money he could piece together a turbo kit or he may want to try a roots supercharger. A complete kit is around the amount that he has to spend.

Back