1g acura RL aftermarket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

trappd-in-859

I was browsing the intraweb and got the crazy idea of wanting to mod an RL. What I want to know is if there is any good aftermarket for the first gen, or would you have to custom make alot of performance parts?

Links to websites would be greatly appreciated.

Now I know it wont have the potential to be a track monster but it would be pretty uncommon to see a modded RL, wouldnt it?

Modding is so............ radio shack.

Please, if you dont mind we like to speak in terms of HP and tq etc. Not about moding are cars. "modding" is like didleing. Do you play with the pussy or do you diddle? Do you beat it up or do you play with it. Do you kill it or beat it up?

Either way modding sounds gay dont say it.

That is all. :)

Huh? "Modding" is my word of choice. :calban:

I've never heard much about "modding" a 1G RL, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been done. Find out the engine code, then start hitting up Google for information. I know that we don't have any here.

:cry:

If anything, building your own turbo kit wouldn't be all that hard.

i remember some guy hooked up the rl block to the legend type 2 head and had some gains but some custom fab work was done to make it work

other then that havent heard anything about rls

edit--> this was in a legend btw

Quoted post[/post]]
i remember some guy hooked up the rl block to the legend type 2 head and had some gains but some custom fab work was done to make it work

other then that havent heard anything about rls

edit--> this was in a legend btw
Thats sounds kinda interesting. Head swaps akways are.

LOL sorry cal, it just reminds of of people calling them self tuners when they have never even had an ECU program open in front of there face. Like slaping some 18s on your honda makes you a tuner.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
LOL sorry cal, it just reminds of of people calling them self tuners when they have never even had an ECU program open in front of there face. Like slaping some 18s on your honda makes you a tuner.

I hear ya. :)

I have been on som what of a hellashis noob/ricer spree this past week........ Ive been sick

I like the idea of a custom turbo setup but my only concern is that the auto tranny will not be able to handle

it. Maybe if i kept it at a low boost level (like between 5-7 psi) it would be fine as long as I wasnt at WOT all

the time.

The reason why I said an RL and not a legend is because of the amount of luxury the car has to offer.

I would really like to keep this car auto so it will be easier to sell later on. But the main reason is because

Ive really never had the chance to learn how to drive a manual trans. :dry:

psh, just swap the engine. it has a v6 right? you could probably make room for a SBC. if not, just put a sleeved b20 turbo in it and make like 500hp.

oh yeah, forgot it was fwd....well sucks for you. Custom turbo?

...and whats wrong with a b20?

B20 in an RL? I don't know that it would work very well.... considering that the stock engine is a 3.5L V6. I think the best route to take if you want to gain some serious numbers from that car is to either run with nitrous and pray your torque converter and/or transmission don't break when the juice comes on, or throw on a low pressure turbo that's plumbed in from after the header collector. Do it like STS- that way you won't have to deal with fabricating a turbo manifold.

Quoted post[/post]]
So this beater supra you have is an auto too?

Oh god...

Yea, it is. When you got a job making 6 bucks an hour its kinda hard to buy a car that you want. I wasnt allowed to get a manual cuz my mom cant drive one and is not willing to learn so I was stuck with an auto.

It was either the car I have now or a supercharged bonneville with fucked up electronics.

Quoted post[/post]]
I wasnt allowed to get a manual cuz my mom cant drive one and is not willing to learn so I was stuck with an auto.

Shouldve picked a beat up car so your mom wouldnt even want to drive it; thats what I sorta did: CRX with no gloss, no interior, straight pipe(she really hates that), funny shifter, squeaks alot, etc. etc.

Back