1st gen b16 redline

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My motor came out of a 91 teg XSI and my motor hits redline at 8200. Just cause the gauges say one thing doesnt mean sh*t. If you want to find out the redline. Get a shop manual for the motor. Make sure to get a honda shop manual too. If its really eating you inside call the honda dealership tomorrow, ask for the service department and ask them what it redlines at. I mean who would know better then them?

Originally posted by drpenguin@Jul 10 2005, 09:47 PM
My motor came out of a 91 teg XSI and my motor hits redline at 8200. Just cause the gauges say one thing doesnt mean sh*t. If you want to find out the redline. Get a shop manual for the motor. Make sure to get a honda shop manual too. If its really eating you inside call the honda dealership tomorrow, ask for the service department and ask them what it redlines at. I mean who would know better then them?
[post=523759]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
Dont go by a shitty gauge, look it up, i saw it a long time ago b4 i bought my b16a1 from totaljdm.com.

I have a 1st gen b16 and it redlines at 8200. Everyone I know with 1st gen b16's all redline at 8200 as stock.

redline/rev limiter/fuel cut are all the same thing. i know first hand a OBD1 B16 is 8200. i thought all b16a's were 8200 from the first gen to the last gen.

I have a multimeter with a RPM function on it. You could just hook it up to you car and rev it up until the redline/fuel cut off and see where it stops...

I've never done this, but I suppose it'd work.

Originally posted by CoreyR@Aug 1 2005, 10:46 PM
redline/rev limiter/fuel cut are all the same thing. i know first hand a OBD1 B16 is 8200. i thought all b16a's were 8200 from the first gen to the last gen.
[post=534281]Quoted post[/post]​

Redline is not the same thing as the rev limiter and fuel cut out.

Redline is 8000 on my car. Fuel cuts out at 8150, which is when the revs are limited.

Revs aren't limited to 8000 on my car. They're two different things.

Back