1st gen crx advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Da_lancer

I have a 1st gen, crx and the timing belt broke, it bent my valves :(, so now I'm looking for a swap. I was thinking about converting it to fuel injected and puting a B18 in it, I know its been done before, but i dont know if its worth the trouble. A friend told me to put a Brown top ZC in it. IDK what to do, money is short right now so I'm just looking around.

Please help!!!

If money is tight and you need a swap asap. I would advise putting anouther D-block in there. Be it a D15 or D16. The D16z6 is nice although you would have to wire Vtec. If you want a easy and cheap(respectivally) swap put in the same engine that came out.

Putting a B18 in a CRX would make it fast, However you will be looking at putting in quite alot of work and it will cost alot more then swaping in a D-Block

Yeah swapping a B series takes a considerable amount of money in engine mount kits and wiring conversions if you're running an obd1 B18.

You might be able to just replace the head on your engine as long as the pistons didn't get damaged when they hit the valves. Although it might actually be cheaper to just drop a whole new D series in there then attempting to repair yours.

go with the D16A6 it is a great motor and has the strongest bottom end on all the D Series then when you have the money you can use the bottom end and make a mini me

go with the D16A6 it is a great motor and has the strongest bottom end on all the D Series then when you have the money you can use the bottom end and make a mini me

D16a6 isnt the same as older civic,crx engine

88-00 d series are different than 85-87 engines. While they are really close, theyre not. To swap a b series on your rex youre gonna need to change the car over to MPFI. This means you need FI fuel lines, pump, system. Youre gonna need to change out you knuckles, spindle, or hubs....whatever you call them. youre gonna need a Engine mount kit, a MPFI harness, a custom shift linkage kit, ecu, maybe a hf speedo cluster for the vss.

Just change the head for now. If its a carbed crx which im thinking it is, swap the carbed head out for a si one, youll see good results from that. youll get a little compression bump to, plus the si head flows alot better. This is pretty much all i can tell you about this but for more check out these guys, they really know theyre stuff on these old cars.

Red Pepper Racing

D15beater is absolutely correct. Any other motor you swap in will be considered a full-bore swap. new mounts need to be fabbed. If you have a first gen Acura Integra, that is the easiest swap.

But if you need a car to be on the road, the head is cheap and easy as hell. I would do that first and then slowly build up the necessary bits to swap. The best swap for the effort is a DOHC ZC from the Integra.

Back