1st gen CRX B series swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MexSx

I recently purchased a 1984 crx for $200, so naturally the first thought that crosses my mind was to get on hasport and check out their swap data and parts. I was happy with the parts I found for the swap, but on their swap tech it starts outcasting my car. It says swap info for 85-87 crx, and where does that leave my car. Is this because the 84 swap is different or harder? or is it just a typo?

I have done a 4th gen civic swap so I know what to expect, but why is this 84 model an outcast?

Originally posted by MexSx@Nov 22 2004, 08:26 PM
I recently purchased a 1984 crx for $200, so naturally the first thought that crosses my mind was to get on hasport and check out their swap data and parts. I was happy with the parts I found for the swap, but on their swap tech it starts outcasting my car. It says swap info for 85-87 crx, and where does that leave my car. Is this because the 84 swap is different or harder? or is it just a typo?

I have done a 4th gen civic swap so I know what to expect, but why is this 84 model an outcast?
[post=420775]Quoted post[/post]​

they leave out 84 because if your car is not Si, this is a very difficult swap and there wasn't a Si in 84

non si models will be extremely difficult, time consuming, and completely not worth it, upgrade your car, you can find newer civics with popped motors or trans for under 500 bucks...

for the true hardcore first gen crx lovers, and only god knows why someone would be so devoted, i would advise you look into our refrence section on this site

under swap articles... First Gen CRX FAQ

they have information on what you can salvage from scrap yards for increasing performance on a budget, covers everything from swaps to suspension to brake upgrades...

look into swapping an 86-87 integra motor or for an extra 5 horse, 88-89 integra motor with 86-87 integra ecu and the vacuum advanced distributor from that same integra...

the first gen integra motor will give you a net increase of approx 25 horses, which is quite nice to have, and fairly easy on the budget, as well as a pretty easy swap to accomplish...

if you go this route look for a complete integra as you will need EVERYTHING from SOME mounts, to the spindles, axles , ecu, etc etc, but along with this swap comes a cheap brake upgrade with the teg spindles... may require larger rims to fit the bigger rotors and calipers...

or you can go custom turbo

if you decide to try it pm me i have loads of parts for obd0 cars and can talk tou threw all the wiring probs you will run in to. It is a hard swap so if you really want go for it but pic up a newer car if possible

Back