1st Gen CRX w/ teg d16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
just have a couple questions...

first, can you mate a 88-89 teg DOHC head on a 91 d series sohc block?
i'm guessing no...

second, best tranny lube for shitted snycros, for 91 hatch...
i've heard of lucas, and something like lutkins? any advice?

just finished a swap, 1st gen crx (my winter bitch) with 86-87 DOHC teg d16, just did it for fun...
very interesting swap and the car "seems" a whole lot faster, but my daily driver is a dx hatch so anything is a step up...
also added a 92 civic front bumper and 95 integra rear bumper, and integra sides trimmed to size... remember children, anything is possible with a sawzall and wood screws...

what's the opinion...
91 hatch... SOHC vtec head swap on existing sohc d block with junkyard turbo setup...?? DSM injectors, front mount IC (probe), tdo4h or tdo5h off a volvo, custom manifold...

and finally...
my baby...
95 teg with h22... def not running N/A, so turbo or supercharger?
and can you fit 19's on 95 teg with 2.5 drop?

any opinions or criticism is welcome...

thanks

wow sounds like alot of stuff goin on there, I love the h22 idea, I am a fan of turbo but sc works well 2. I would go h22 and build it for boost to hold like 18-20 psi of boost that would be sick.
You can bolt the head up to a sohc block, at least you can with a zc. I dont know about any advantages there other than to do it.
I try to use what honda suggests as everyone puts gear oil in the tranny,if you do use gear oil then Lucas is the way to go.
I can help on your h22 if you want to build it.I have good prices and can get everythin to do that swap.hit me up if interested.I also build ls/vtec nad b20/vtec setups( I have both in my cars)

Back