1st smart investment of 07

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my morg is 1500 a mounth I rent it out for 2800 plus utilitys a mounth. We have a 0 vacancy rate right now so its work good up here. As for capital gains ya we have them but I have a corporation that does the buying and selling so the only txes paid are corp

and after 12 keg parties, new floors, new walls, and rodent extermination later, you still come out under.

being a landlord sucks and most the time ends up costing you money. unless you hold on to it for a long time and let its value go up with inflation....
and then in the end, your 20 grand increase became 100 grand... but it still buys you the same shit.... a new kia.

doin't get me wrong, real estate can be very profitable.

but it also involves a lot of work, a huge commitment, and even more so, a bigger risk.

Am I the only one having a hard time justifying $1500 to a QVC type place as being an "investment?"

I dunno man, I think I'll stick to normal routes of making money and investments...

Am I the only one having a hard time justifying $1500 to a QVC type place as being an "investment?"

I dunno man, I think I'll stick to normal routes of making money and investments...

Steve gets it !

I told you dude, at around age 25 shit becomes totally clear.

actually I don;t 100% agree with B. but I have a co-worker who is a coin collector and I showed him the site, first words out of his mouth were , damn that's cheap. I asked him if he thought you could sell these for $3000 in one year and he agreed you probably could, supply and demand. Although he feels that the coin is were the value is not so much the material. As far as value based on material this coin is only 1/10 oz platnium, and even at todays trading price it's only $110/coin worth of platnium.

As far as investments go I'd rather have a piece of land or a house to sell as there's a much larger market to sell to vs coin collectors.

Last edited:
107871 items found in Coins: US

That's ebay's count right now.

I'd say there's a decent market for it.

the 1/10th ounce is not about the metal. But i assure you, that as platinum continues to rise, so will the price of the coin.

it's your choice on what to do with your money- put it where you think it's best for you.

But like I said in the first post, Next year, I'll be sure to rub it in that you missed it when i gave you the chance.

as for it being a QVC type place.... yeah, its a home shopping network... but if you actually ever watched the show, the host Robert Chambers is one of the smartest guys out there. The dude knows like everything about every coin ever made. it's amazing.

they don't put him up there alone either.... hes a horrible sales man. They team him up with someone else to handel the 'order now' crap, and robert handels most of the talking about the market and so forth.

I've been watching them for 4 years now or so.... and I've yet to catch him in a lie.

If you don't want to buy it from them- thats entirely fine.

but I challenege you to find another place that has any quantity of that item.

Last edited:
for the record, i just wanted to bring this back from the dead and say that the price of this coin from the same store has risen $100.

pissedoffsol, I sent you a PM. I'm interested in hearing more about coins. I might pick this up

Back