2.0 dohc vtec rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xpand3r

Hi there,

Yesterday at work i came across a kit car which is scrapped and i think it has been there for a pretty long time now. I checked it's engine bay and it looks like it has a 2l dohc vtec engine not sure which one exactly because i couldnt see the whole engine. it's in a critical condition and i'm not sure if the engine is seized or not.

So i need some opinions here, would it be worth it to rebuild the whole engine in case it's not seized? or would i rather get an engine in working condition? I plan on swapping my d15b to something more powerful, it would be a nice treat for my sol ;)

Thanks!

Really it depends on the condition of the engine. Engine can sit for a while and not need to be completely rebuilt.

:werd:
what is it
what kind of condition is it in
how much is it

without knowing any of that its hard to say whether it would be worth it or not

The valve cover is similar to the b18c but a guy from work told me it's a 2l prelude engine though it's strange because this engine is a dohc vtec one. It has some rust on its parts. I'll ask why it has been scrapped and check if i can take it

oh btw I forgot to mention it has a PGMFI intake system on it i think the engine was manufactured with this intake. I'll take photos on Monday too.

Look for a stamp on the block to the left of the exhaust manifold. That should tell you what engine it is. If it's not a B-series but looks like one and has dual-cam VTEC, then it's likely an H22...

But the h22 DOHC Vtec stamp is at the bottom right above the header,
this one is on the above part of the valve cover.
I dont think i can find a way to check the stamp on the block because of the way it's fitted on the kit car
but i'll try my best

Hey i just checked today and it's a b16a with a pgmfi intake. here are photos of it.

image0003ab.jpg

image0033k.jpg

what happened to that poor thing?

what happened to that poor thing?

No shit, it's sad to see such a good engine get to that condition. I bet it runs fucking awesome though, as long as it's been sitting, if it isn't completely seized it couldn't have too many miles on it.

My mates told me it's been sitting there for a long time. I'll talk to the boss when he arrives to work and maybe get a deal ;)

What do you guys think it's worth, considering its condition?

Yeah i guess you are right. Maybe he'll give it to me for free but i doubt that.
Still have to go through so many hassles because of the cable tranny and obd0.
My jdm d15b vtec has hydro tranny , obd1. well, we'll see as soon as the boss
comes :) i'll keep you guys updated

Back